Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Moan In

Did you join in with the Barber chant on satdi?

If not you deserve this show and barber! :thumbup:

Rather than sing some dumbass ditty that doesn't scan...why not simply turn your radio off and not listen to him? I would have thought that low audience ratings would count for a lot more than a chant no one heard :whistle:

I thought Gary from Scraptoft Lane was funny earlier. McCarthy and Hughes- wastes of space but Wesolowski is a potential world beater?! I'd agree that Kisnorbo and McAuley is a better pairing than any with McCarthy in but I feel that Wesolowski's gone up in some people's estimations by not playing. I'm a big believer in player's reputations increasing just because of the displays of those that are playing in their place being average. What has Wesolowski shown this season apart from his goal at Fulham? Not much imo, and I understand the reasons but you can only judge players on what you see from them so if Hughes has been a waste of space, what can you say to describe Weso this season?

I thought Gary from Scraptoft Lane was funny earlier. McCarthy and Hughes- wastes of space but Wesolowski is a potential world beater?! I'd agree that Kisnorbo and McAuley is a better pairing than any with McCarthy in but I feel that Wesolowski's gone up in some people's estimations by not playing. I'm a big believer in player's reputations increasing just because of the displays of those that are playing in their place being average. What has Wesolowski shown this season apart from his goal at Fulham? Not much imo, and I understand the reasons but you can only judge players on what you see from them so if Hughes has been a waste of space, what can you say to describe Weso this season?

On that point, Weso was awful against Fulham, but no-one seemed to notice because of the goal he scored. He was proper dire.

Kelly, I believe, quite fancied Wesolowski in the team because his involvement coincided with the start of our run of improved form last season.

But the truth is he's never appeared fully fit and should never really have been selected. Kelly is forever doing that. Kenton Fryatt and Williams were others asked to play when not, to my eyes, fully fit.

Anyway, with Wesolowski it's served the lad no good at all really.

And, even if he does return we still have a problem because we simply don't need another David Batty type in our midfield.

What we need is someone to create things and follow attacks through. Someone who attacks the box from midfield with real drive and real purpose. The sort that are highlighted on television every week as making the difference in matches.

Neither Hughes, Jarrett, Wesolowski or Johnson are such players - they never have been and never will be so there's never sensibly going to be a place for all four at the club.

The only player at Leicester who naturally fills that role is King and if we're not going to use him for whatever reason, then we need to buy someone else like him and fast. But it won't be easy.

Such players represent a seam of gold in a football team and are not likely to be found abandoned on some training ground or being touted around for free.

Kelly, I believe, quite fancied Wesolowski in the team because his involvement coincided with the start of our run of improved form last season.

But the truth is he's never appeared fully fit and should never really have been selected. Kelly is forever doing that. Kenton Fryatt and Williams were others asked to play when not, to my eyes, fully fit.

Anyway, with Wesolowski it's served the lad no good at all really.

And, even if he does return we still have a problem because we simply don't need another David Batty type in our midfield.

What we need is someone to create things and follow attacks through. Someone who attacks the box from midfield with real drive and real purpose. The sort that are highlighted on television every week as making the difference in matches.

Neither Hughes, Jarrett, Wesolowski or Johnson are such players - they never have been and never will be so there's never sensibly going to be a place for all four at the club.

The only player at Leicester who naturally fills that role is King and if we're not going to use him for whatever reason, then we need to buy someone else like him and fast. But it won't be easy.

Such players represent a seam of gold in a football team and are not likely to be found abandoned on some training ground or being touted around for free.

I think it's hard to judge the fitness of some players. Wesolowski's got longer term problems though imo. Even the way he runs now seems awkward and I think he'll always be 10%-20% short of full fitness no matter how long we leave him out of the first team. Only he can judge how he feels and he comes across as the type of person who would say they're feeling great even if they weren't just to enable them to play football. When he was brought on at Wolves Kelly didn't hesitate to bring him off again when he realised things weren't right. Just sums up Wesolowski's season so far for me.

i feel wesolowski had great potential when he played against celtic, he was having a good game until balde broke his leg :mad: he then came back and lookd ok, once he broke it the second time, he now does not look a patch on the player he was, he now runs with a limp imo, and i feel sorry for the lad because he was a great prospect. i hope he proves us all wrong though :)

This club hasn't handled Wesolowski very well IMO. Ok, so the 2nd leg break wasn't forseen. But he was rushed back far too quickly for the seriousness of the break. The problem was that when he did come back, he was phenomenal and was asked to play a fair bit of football in a short space of time and that's how and when the 2nd break came.

Whether that has now ruined his career or will prevent him from fulfilling his ridiculous potential is hard to assess or predict.

This season has been a strange one. He has picked up lots of niggling injuries and without a reserve team, it's meant that the only way he could get back to full fitness was to hit the ground running in matches he was picked in. Wesolowski prides his game and being first to the tackle and closing the opposition down, something that isn't easy to do when recovering from 2 leg breaks and a lack of contineous match practice to gain the levels of fitness for him to reach the top of his game.

He's still shown signs of his ability, he was superb against Aston Villa for 120 minutes and up at Sunderland he ran the midfield for us against a strong team on an intimidating ground. He was very good at Fulham in the Cup replay when he came on for Tiatto was himself was having a very good game and was a tough act to follow.

I fear that the arrival of Mandaric and more resources to our disposal will mean less of a need to call on Wesolowski and he could stagnate here and that would be a travesty. Whether a season long loan next season would work out for both parties to a club in this league or League One. His contract expires in 2008, it was this time last year we were shitting ourselves that he could leave the club for nothing.

I hope he fulfills his potential here at City, naturally the best youngster i've seen in my time as a Leicester fan.

Archived