Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mikey

Last Game at Filbert Street

Who went to the last game there. 2-1 to us against Spurs.

What was your views on it and has anyone got any highlights from it :thumbup:

I couldnt get a ticket :cry::cry:

The last game I went to at Filbo was the home loss to Man Utd which I think was the 3rd or 4th last game there. We didnt win but we did OK.

Guest seanfox778

Nah, that was at the Walkers, I'm sure of it...?? :unsure:

Indeed. He played in the promotion season the following year and then in the relegation season the following year

he did do the lap of honour because he was expected to leave that summer but changed his mind

because he said goodbye and everything on the microphone

I couldnt get a ticket :cry::cry:

The last game I went to at Filbo was the home loss to Man Utd which I think was the 3rd or 4th last game there. We didnt win but we did OK.

not many people know this but that man utd game were we lost 1-0, the moment when all the leicester fans starting from the cop stood up and clapped singing "leiceter till i die" on the 85th minute was voted the best moment in the season by Radio Five Live !! :P

i had a huge lump in my throught then its was amazing i have an artical by the old site ForFoxSake which wrote a very heart tugging artical about that match i'll post it if i find it.

this game makes me proud to be a leicester fan

BLUE ARMY

I'm sure its been talked about before to death on here but that Man Utd game is something I will never ever forget. Anytime I need a reminder what it is I love about LCFC that day is it. Looking round at the rest of the Kop most people looked properly choked up.

The 'stand up if you love leicester' and all that was triggered by Man Utd fans singing "10 minutes then you're going down" at us and taking it down a minute whenever the scoreboard changed but when everyone stood up, clapped and was singing they just stood there in awe. It was unbelievable. The Spurs game was great but just not the same, at least we won the last game...only fitting really.

I was an 11 year old kid almost close to tears in the manchester united game. The moment where all the ground, even the carling stand and people in the directors box stood up. That was a moment to be proud of leicester, and I don't think anything of the sort can be repeated at the Walkers. I miss you filbo!!!! :cry:

That's why many fans hate the continued over use of the song, it should be kept for momentous occasions not every 5 fooking minutes :angry:

after the game i walked in every stand, like the lower tiers of the carling and kop. I can't remember that much of the game apart from pipers header. Also after the game people were taking penalties to say they scored at filbo. I buried mine of the post. Also ive got my orange seat right now.

I went to the very last game at Filbo! Leicester City v City Allstars on Monday 13th May 2002. Loads of old boys back to play at Filbo one last time before it was pulled down.

Wortho, Glover, Shilts, Graham Cross, Mike 'The Strike' Stringfellow, Bobby Roberts etc etc

SK1 and SK2 having it with the police all through the first half after they reacted to a man collapsing with riot batons and force. Went on during half time before they retreated out the back door. To be fair I reckon they were up for one last ruck at Filbo as much as some of the 'cases in there.

I remember Spurs trying rather laughably to get in to SK1 at the final whistle while the police and stewards seemed oblivious, but Leicester were too busy celebrating and they stopped at row 10 goading and snarling. It was pathetic.

Archived