Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Basingstoke Fox

New kit this month?

I'd sooner stick with JJB than have Jako :(

It annoyed me when I went into my local JJB store to by the new shirt and after scanning through prem shirts, rangers and celtic shirts, juve?? and various other foreign teams i decided to ask the assistant (your standard spotty 'cant be arsed to be here' assistant) i was disgusted to find that they dont even stock them and only a few JJB stores actually do!

as if that wasnt bad enough, when i said to him 'but you MAKE the kit' his response was ' yeah but you are a league 1 side so we wouldnt sell many!!! cheeky git

I don't undersrand why Nike make kits for teams like Southend and Walsall, Umbro make kits for Forest and Shamrock Rangers while we have to put with sh*t kits made by bloody JJB, Jacko & Fox shitting leisure ??

Many clubs have 'straight from the catalogue' kits. They pay the likes of Nike, and do not have any exclusivity on the design. The big names only make customer spec kits for clubs who will sell lots of shirts. I don't think we're considered to be one of them.

Would you rather the club got a little money from a kit manufacturer or the club to give money to a manufacturer?

In our financial state, I'm glad we were still able to get paid to wear the kits. However little it was. :whistle:

Note to whoever designs our kit next season, please please please use some imagination when it come to the away and third kits!!!

If we have to do something unoriginal then at least rip off some of the following designs:

Brazil Home (Yellow) (Blue) (White)

Peru Home (White with Red Slash) (Black) (White)

Argentina Home (Sky Blue and White) (Black) (White)

Paraguay (Red and White) (Blue) (Blue)

AC Milan Home (Red Black) (White) (White)

WBA Away 0607 (Yellow and Green) (Green) (Yellow)

Fiorentina Home (All Purple)

Borussia Dortmund mid 90's (Fluresent Yellow) (Black) (Fluresent Yellow)

Nigeria late 90's (All Bizarre Bright Green)

Liverpool (All Red)

Anything but fcuking white away and yellow third!!!!!

No its not :P

Are you guys sure JAKO are German?

edit: i think they are actually, they sponsor a number of Bundesliga clubs including Eintract Frankfurt and Alemania Aachen

Also sponsor a no. of MLS Teams- as well as Pompey and..........Barnsley!!!

Anyways, pompeys kit is quite nice :thumbup:

http://www.jako.de/start

is this german enough for ya mate

All the MLS teams have their kit made by adidas.

I think the structure they use over there would be good for teams in the football league.

Supplying everyone with a different kit, perhaps even different brands for each of the coca cola leagues, i.e. Reebok for league 2, Puma for league 1 and adidas for the championship.

Could you really see Reebok or whoever really being happy to settle with making kits for League Two while Addidas got all the Championship clubs?

And surely that would mean you could never be guaranteed a two year cycle because you could go up one season and down the next.

Could you really see Reebok or whoever really being happy to settle with making kits for League Two while Adidas got all the Championship clubs?

And surely that would mean you could never be guaranteed a two year cycle because you could go up one season and down the next.

Well adidas own reebok, so they wouldn't have much choice.

Though your second point would sink that idea.

Balls.

Well adidas own reebok, so they wouldn't have much choice.

Though your second point would sink that idea.

Balls.

Also, what happens when I team gets promoted? They'd have to look for another kit supplier.

Archived