Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Stop with the signings?

RK has now brought in 5 players.

I see a lot of people whinging about the lack of transfer activity, whilst others don't want more signings.

Shaun Newton has now came in on a loan deal until the end of the season.

We now seem to have enough strength in depth to battle 'till now and the end of the season.

Is this where the signings should stop?

Guest Gist

We would have been a bit short if it wasn't for the loan signings it is just the quality of them that would make me want Kelly to stop :P

Jarret - good

Horse - good

Yeats - good

Newton - not seen (so can't decide)

Cadders - good, but should be played more often

the signings aren't that bad, but there could of been better ones

Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. lol

We don't do enough in the transfer market.

We're doing too much in the transfer market.

I'm sick of being told we're getting someone in and then don't.

I'm sick of players being brought in when we were told we would but then told we wouldn't.

I'm bored to death of transfer rumours, they're a distraction.

:ph34r:

I reckon we should have left the squad as it was at the end of 04/05... we shouldn't have let anyone go or signed anyone new. That'd have been the end of all your transfer-related misery. :thumbup:

Yeah cos we were doing great before he left and these useless loan signings came along and... we went on a seven-match unbeaten run?!

Wait, that can't be right...

More luck than judgement that this run has come in tandem with the loan signings. Can't begin to think of a good performance from any of them yet. Yeates promising versus Luton, nothing else shown. Horse and Jarrett good against Cov, although I think a bunch of monkeys could have beaten them thats how dreadful they were, Glombard nothing and obviously Newton yet to play.

RK has now brought in 5 players.

I see a lot of people whinging about the lack of transfer activity, whilst others don't want more signings.

Shaun Newton has now came in on a loan deal until the end of the season.

We now seem to have enough strength in depth to battle 'till now and the end of the season.

Is this where the signings should stop?

For now i suppose. Although i see no harm in bringing others in too see what they can do. There can always be improvements. :thumbup:

I have no problem in all these signings if they're going to add something but 3 right wingers?

What the fook?!

And yet in central midfield, our problem position, we make ONE signing. Kelly got Jarrett in, who to be fair hasn't been completely dire and makes more forward runs in a match than Hughes and Johno have all season, but has our creativity from the middle of the park improved? Not really. We need someone who can play a decent forward pass, and we haven't yet got it.

So you can see why I get a bit irrate after we bring in ANOTHER right winger when one (Glombard) had hardly any chances and the other (Yeates) hasn't had an abundance of games AND neither (I'm only going on reports of Glombard) were all that bad.

Kelly needs to get his priorities right!

Fickle springs to mind. Some people are just never happy - and I'm not pointing the finger directly at the starter of this thread.

When we had absolutely nothing in the way of funds, people were moaning that we had a thin squad and no depth whatsoever. They were crying out for somebody to rescue us and allow us to bring in players... Now, we have the saviour and somebody is allowing us to bring in players - oh wait, we have enough now and don't need anymore. :rolleyes:

It's not going to hurt to look at certain people for the rest of the season is it ffs?? It'll give us an indication of whether they're good enough for next term or whether we need to look elsewhere. At least we haven't paid money to bring them in.

And if we'd taken on 'some of the players' that other clubs have taken on in the past couple of days, some people would still fooking bitch because:

ooooh We've got no chance of signing them in the summer when they could actually be some use to us, what a waste of a signing this is!

If we bring in quality players that are only here until the end of the season, people will complain that they serve no real purpose because our season is essentially over now anyway. :whistle:

We could sign Alan Smith - but since we've no hope of signing him properly for next season, it'd be wasteful... etc etc.

Somehow, I don't think the club could win on the transfer front, to be honest - not at this point in the season anyway. :whistle:

I was a bit annoyed when I saw about Idiakez but to be honest, Derby fans weren't distraught when he left, they have moved forward a hell of a lot since, he's 33, he's done very little at Southampton (even if that's down to injuries, that doesn't bode well for the future) and he hasn't got the energy and pace we need in the middle of the park.

I still think Kevin Nicholls should be towards the top of our shopping list in the summer.

Kellys steadied the ship,we wont go down so leave the loan signings for now unless with a few to a permenent move.lets face it,if we signed toderov and he banged in 15 goals for us for the remainder of the season Portsmouth arent gonna let him go,so leave him for now and we'll sign the bigger names in the summer when we have a bigger name manager.

Ive got it all worked out.

I still think we need a playmaker

I'm in agreement with you. If we don't get one of these in, with the strikers we currently have, we're destined to go nowhere. They need somebody to put them through on goal and create opportunities for them on a consistent basis - something our CMs aren't doing.

I'm in agreement with you. If we don't get one of these in, with the strikers we currently have, we're destined to go nowhere. They need somebody to put them through on goal and create opportunities for them on a consistent basis - something our CMs aren't doing.

I'd love to see a Claus Jensen style player here. Something we havn't really experienced for a long time now.

I respect Indiakez has been injured, hasn't played regular football and is also 33. I would have given him a chance on loan though. As much as I want to see the youngsters getting a chance, do we actually have a youth player that fills the playmaker role?

Perhaps there is better than Indiakez, but I can't think of anyone that is as gifted that we could possibly sign.

I'd love to see a Claus Jensen style player here. Something we havn't really experienced for a long time now.

I respect Indiakez has been injured, hasn't played regular football and is also 33. I would have given him a chance on loan though. As much as I want to see the youngsters getting a chance, do we actually have a youth player that fills the playmaker role?

Perhaps there is better than Indiakez, but I can't think of anyone that is as gifted that we could possibly sign.

<Thracian sighs and reaches for the typewriter>

do we actually have a youth player that fills the playmaker role?

Please do not throw out such blatant bait to Thracian. You're just asking for him to bite your arm off saying things like that. :P

I'm really not that bothered who we bring in as a playmaker in all fairness in terms of age, as long as he has energy, desire, passion and, above all, ability on the pitch. We haven't had a player capable of cutting sides open on a consistent basis for a long time, and we're struggling for it. The sooner we get one in, the sooner we'll make some progress. Safe. :cool:

Archived