Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Stop with the signings?

I don't really know how you can moan about Rob Kelly bringing in new signings?! it's just stupid.

With them we've not lost and you're moaning saying they should stop coming. It just doesn't make sense. Rob deserves some credit I think for what he's maanged to bring in and the results we've achieved from getting them so far. :thumbup:

Totally agree. It would be nice to see a technically gifted player here, it's been too long.

Patrick Berger had a mention didn't he and of course the crazy Jason Culina link!

I think Thriacian must be asleep or something lol.

Thracian never sleeps. He is a machine. Much like lookwhaticando.

As for the link to both Culina and Berger - people should behave. It won't happen. It's madness to even consider lol tbh. Mediocre Championship team or higher level Championship side/lower-mid table Prem team? Work it out yourselves! :P

Just say No to Berger.

Berger's fine. It's the coke you've got to watch out for with our squad...

Part of the course at Leicester City Rehab Centre is to avoid stopping in McDonalds for any period of time.

To the people saying "I'm disappointed considering some of the players other clubs have loaned"

Those players were signed during the transfer windows when clubs were looking to offload players. And they likely cost a lot of money to loan, for the full season.

At least save your judgement for what gets signed in the summer.

To the people saying "I'm disappointed considering some of the players other clubs have loaned"

Those players were signed during the transfer windows when clubs were looking to offload players. And they likely cost a lot of money to loan, for the full season.

At least save your judgement for what gets signed in the summer.

Didn't Idiakez etc. get signed today :dunno:

To all you people advocating Gradel/King:

How many of you have actually seen these kids play? It seems that people on here are simply banding their names about because Thracian keeps harping on about them in every other post of his. Fair play to him though - he watches academy football so at least he can comment on them with some degree of authority.

But I'm guessing that at least 75% of the people who want to see Gradel in the squad have never seen him play live. It's not like the academy games get a huge following, and that every spectator of academy matches is a user on here.

If you're going to promote the Gradel/King 'dream ticket' to promotion and beyond, at least go and watch them first before thinking they can outperform every other midfielder in our sqaud.

To all you people advocating Gradel/King:

How many of you have actually seen these kids play? It seems that people on here are simply banding their names about because Thracian keeps harping on about them in every other post of his. Fair play to him though - he watches academy football so at least he can comment on them with some degree of authority.

But I'm guessing that at least 75% of the people who want to see Gradel in the squad have never seen him play live. It's not like the academy games get a huge following, and that every spectator of academy matches is a user on here.

If you're going to promote the Gradel/King 'dream ticket' to promotion and beyond, at least go and watch them first before thinking they can outperform every other midfielder in our sqaud.

Good point by northen fox,why not bleed em in?more usefull than a loan signing.They will be around longer then some thirty summut whos just here a few weeks to pick up a wage packet and 1st team football.

If a new signing will improve the team or make a player think "This guy plays in my position, I'd better start playing amazing!" (and does start playing good.... obviously) then keep bringing them in :)

I'm surprised people are still complaining after seeing what the new blood has done for the club since they have come in.

At least the new players have 100% commitment, don't ball watch or spend half the match looking into the stands and knowing they are going to get paid and the new players are adding some life to the regulars.. :)

Horse and Yeates are talented and if they keep it up should be extended, Cada is good and Newton could prove a nice depth player.... :D

I reckon RK should be given some support for at least trying to make the club go somewhere... and luckily it hasn't been too bad.

Just to reply to the people in one way or another pointing the finger at me..

I asked the question - should the signings stop or should RK keep signing? I didn't even answer myself.

Maybe you think the title of my thread gives my answer, your wrong. If your so offended by the title, ask a mod/admin to change it.

To answer the question, I wouldn't bring in any more loanees now. What's the point? Any more is just wasting cash.

If we can't get two more wins with what we've got, we deserve to go down.

For me, the issue is this:

If all Kelly is capable of attracting to the club is the likes of Newton, Jarratt, Horsfield etc, then then unfortunately he just doesn't have enough clout in the transfer market to be able to take tis club forwards.

There have been some cracking loan signings this season in the Championship, mainly by managers like Roy Keane with really good connections.

Like Roeder at Newcastle, Kelly's a nice bloke who no-one has a bad word to say about - but he's got no profile, no great footballing imagination and won't be able to attract the kind of player we need. He's just keeping the seat warm for someone else.

Newton etc are just filler for the cracks before the major re-fit begins in the summer.

To answer the question, I wouldn't bring in any more loanees now. What's the point? Any more is just wasting cash.

If all Kelly is capable of attracting to the club is the likes of Newton, Jarratt, Horsfield etc, then then unfortunately he just doesn't have enough clout in the transfer market to be able to take tis club forwards.

There have been some cracking loan signings this season in the Championship, mainly by managers like Roy Keane with really good connections.

Like Roeder at Newcastle, Kelly's a nice bloke who no-one has a bad word to say about - but he's got no profile, no great footballing imagination and won't be able to attract the kind of player we need. He's just keeping the seat warm for someone else.

Newton etc are just filler for the cracks before the major re-fit begins in the summer.

#

i agree with you for the most part' but i think that kelly might just be getting a few in at this stage of the season just to get a respectable haul out of the last part of the season. I truly believe that both he and MM have got to keep their powder dry for the real business of getting the longer term signings in the close season . We are too high profile at the moment with the new chairman just installed , everyone thinks that there is easy bucks to be made here and i think MM may be reining in any stupid activity.

I do agree, Kelly has signed mediocre players, no-one really good enough to help us compete with the top teams. I just cannot understand this Newton loan, we have Yeates.

I do agree, Kelly has signed mediocre players, no-one really good enough to help us compete with the top teams. I just cannot understand this Newton loan, we have Yeates.

Yeates is apparently more of a left winger though by nature. Plus Kelly clearly can't be happy with Yeates' performances anyway seeing as he's only been on the bench since Hughes has been back.

On the subject of the loans, I think it's good that we're getting players in to guarantee safety and try and finish the season strongly. But at the same time, this could be a time for the players we have to prove whether they deserve a place in the team or not next season, and to look at how some of the academy lads might fit in, as they're unlikely to get much of a chance after loads of players come in in the summer.

Basically I think that for now the loan signings are good, at least it shows they're not happy for the season to just fizzle out, and it's perhaps a bit of a trial run for RK that "okay, now you've got some players you wanted, let's see how you do and if your worthy of spending the money in the summer". But, come the last 4/5 games of the season, provided we're clearly safe and it's mathematically impossible to get a playoff place, then I think we should be taking a look at the likes of Gradel and the other academy boys, trying 1 or 2 in each match to see if they can step up.

We would have been a bit short if it wasn't for the loan signings it is just the quality of them that would make me want Kelly to stop :P

Jarret - good

Horse - good

Yeats - good

Newton - not seen (so can't decide)

Cadders - good, but should be played more often

the signings aren't that bad, but there could of been better ones

Sorry I agree with most of what you say, but Jarret is SH*T. Ok the boy can run all day, but he's not particularly pacey and his passing and shooting skills are woeful, Kelly said he was a box to box player, it a pity he just fu*ks up when he's in front of there’s and ours

RK has now brought in 5 players.

I see a lot of people whinging about the lack of transfer activity, whilst others don't want more signings.

Shaun Newton has now came in on a loan deal until the end of the season.

We now seem to have enough strength in depth to battle 'till now and the end of the season.

Is this where the signings should stop?

The loanees got us out of a huge hole, make no mistake about that one as we were looking straight into the face of releagtion. However, that was then and we have improved results wise although the performances have been average.

Now is the time to sign permanent Bosmans, players on pre-contract agreements and introduce the kids to the first team. With the excpetion of the Horse who gives us options, I`d send back the loan players and cancel Cada`s contract which also has been a waste of time.

Yeates is shockingly shit

Archived