Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Stop with the signings?

He will make an appearance soon now then surely...

I think we have to look at loan signings that could be here on a permanent basis in the summer. I wouldn't object to Jarret and Horsfield being here next season.

I seen Newton play for Wolves at this level and he looked borderline to Premier League. Been a couple of seasons since then though. I wish Cadamarteri would get a start.

RK has now brought in 5 players.

I see a lot of people whinging about the lack of transfer activity, whilst others don't want more signings.

Shaun Newton has now came in on a loan deal until the end of the season.

We now seem to have enough strength in depth to battle 'till now and the end of the season.

Is this where the signings should stop?

Yes, we've nothing to play for now. Wait until the summer; although obviously loan signings give us the opportunity to assess potential targets, though I wouldn't really want any that we have at the moment, possibly barring Horsfield.

For me, the issue is this:

If all Kelly is capable of attracting to the club is the likes of Newton, Jarratt, Horsfield etc, then then unfortunately he just doesn't have enough clout in the transfer market to be able to take tis club forwards.

There have been some cracking loan signings this season in the Championship, mainly by managers like Roy Keane with really good connections.

For the last time... we are working in a very limited market. Most players from the Prem' who were available for loan had already been taken by other clubs in the summer, or before we sold williams to get a bit of cash and MM came in. Yes you can move players out to bring players in, but only if your players are wanted.

Managers like Roy Keane?? Nothing to do with the £10 million budget he was handed then?

The players have been pretty medicore;

Jarrett - absolute dross the couple of times I've seen him

Danny C - not really sure what the point in him being here, okay touch, looks very unfit - perhaps see a squad stricker but nothing more.

Glombard - who????

Yeates - I thought he was gonig to be the most promising, seems to be from a good start he has gone backwards

Horsefield - We need a target man so okay for now hopefully he will be gone by the end of the season, way past his best

Newton- I'll judge him later, could be okay

I think we need to make sure we have the right balance of experience and youth. If Tiatto, Douglas, DeVries and Johnson are all shipped out we lack my expereince especially in the midfield and Attack.

Toderov and Jason Roberts (depending on the strikers blackburn sign at the end of the season) would be a good front two in my opinion.

Archived