Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

Attendances

Ever thought that they seem a little low compared to how many people seem to be in the ground?

Learnt today in an auditing lecture that what most clubs do is knock a couple of thousand off the attendance when its announced. That way the money that has been made from selling these tickets that are "unsold" goes unrecorded in the clubs accounts and is used to pay for the bungs and that kind of activities that clubs dont want broadcasting.

Pretty sure that we've been guilty of it a couple of times this season.

Interesting little fact for you :thumbup:

Ever thought that they seem a little low compared to how many people seem to be in the ground?

Learnt today in an auditing lecture that what most clubs do is knock a couple of thousand off the attendance when its announced. That way the money that has been made from selling these tickets that are "unsold" goes unrecorded in the clubs accounts and is used to pay for the bungs and that kind of activities that clubs dont want broadcasting.

That's an ambitious word to use in a post like that!

I think auditors of the accounts will rely on more than just the match day attendance announcement for reconciling tickets receipts to crowd levels.

Don't you?

That's an ambitious word to use in a post like that!

I think auditors of the accounts will rely on more than just the match day attendance announcement for reconciling tickets receipts to crowd levels.

Don't you?

Nah they won't - I can see it now:

Head LCFC Account - "how many today Birchy?"

Birch - "er 26459?"

Head LCFC Account - "OK I'll just crayon that into my book"

Having read most of the chapter on Defamation, that's not a very sensible comment to post. :thumbup:

Archived