Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muz

Butler!?

Black Cats reveal Butler legal wrangle

Wednesday, 28 July 2004

by Mark Kendall

Sunderland have confirmed that Republic of Ireland international Thomas Butler has left the club, but have refused to comment on the reasons for his departure.

The 23-year-old winger fell out of Mick McCarthy's first-team squad towards the end of last season.

The club's official website has revealed that Butler is no longer at The Stadium of Light, adding mysteriously that his departure was a 'legal matter' that could not be commented on.

"Unfortunately the club is unable to comment on the situation as it is a legal matter and, for this reason, the details must remain confidential," a club spokesperson stated.

"What we can confirm, however, is that Thomas left the club's employment last season."

Worth ago if he's the same quality as he is on champo always reliable :D

We need more quality on the right not the left, the left is looking fine..

We have Scowcroft. :P:D;)

Oh dear.....

Must admit, I agree the right is still a bit weak.

We need more quality on the right not the left, the left is looking fine..

We have Scowcroft. :P:D;)

Oh dear.....

Must admit, I agree the right is still a bit weak.

gillespie, scowy, canero,

its not bad, but another player would be good. but i think we are supposed to be getting partridge, so the right would be sorted.

with makin as rb as well as canero.

It is bad, theres only 1 decent player there and he's only started 2 games for us - injury prone?

Exactly what concerns me.

Scowcroft is not a midfielder or winger, and why MA persists in playing him there, I don't know.

Unless Gillespie sorts out his attitude, I doubt he will figure much this season, just like last time.

It is bad, theres only 1 decent player there and he's only started 2 games for us - injury prone?

Exactly what concerns me.

Scowcroft is not a midfielder or winger, and why MA persists in playing him there, I don't know.

Unless Gillespie sorts out his attitude, I doubt he will figure much this season, just like last time.

i think gillespie will be better this season though, but the fans need to give him a chance. He has the ability to be the best player in this division and i'm not being sarcastic. scowy is a good player in this division even on the right midfield position.

canero will be class i think.

but i agree with true_blue we do need to add more players to the squad.

He would be good as a back up player and is a good young player, can't see Micky wanting him though.

partridge would be a better option.

There are contradictory stories about him.

The Plastic Scousers at work say he's been offered new terms.

He would be good as a back up player and is a good young player, can't see Micky wanting him though.

partridge would be a better option.

There are contradictory stories about him.

The Plastic Scousers at work say he's been offered new terms.

He's actually signed a new deal with them - Ironically during the interim period of the club having no manager in place. Any deal involving him would be on loan.

Archived