Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kelly's Influence

For those who still believe this wasn't Kelly's team:

From the OS - Paddy Mc.

On a personal note, I owe a great debt of gratitude to Rob Kelly for giving me my chance here at Leicester.

He was the one who showed faith in me by signing me from Manchester City and offering me the chance to play regular first team football for the first time in my career.

.....With Paddy McCarthy

0,,10274~3103274,00.jpg

It's been an eventful week at the football club but all that matters right now is getting three points from our game with Norwich on Saturday.

It goes without saying that I and all the players were genuinely very disappointed to see the manager and his assistant Mike Stowell leave the club.

But hard as it may be we now have to concentrate solely on the job in hand, starting with Saturday's visit of Norwich City.

Like supporters, as a group of players we were not aware of an impending change at the start of the week.

I was in the treatment room at the training ground when I was first introduced to the new manager.

He did a terrific job at Norwich and is highly respected in the game.

As a result of my current injury, I've not had the chance to work with him on the training ground yet.

But the manager and his assistant Doug Livermore are determined to be successful at the club and have very quickly set about getting everything right for Saturday.

On a personal note, I owe a great debt of gratitude to Rob Kelly for giving me my chance here at Leicester.

He was the one who showed faith in me by signing me from Manchester City and offering me the chance to play regular first team football for the first time in my career.

Rob is a very honest man and was well liked by the players.

We all knew where we stood with him and I must thank him for helping improve my game.

I know I speak on behalf of all the lads when I say that we are sorry we were not able to produce more successful results for him this season.

He did a great job in turning our season around last season and it was not an easy task this term.

In football, though, we know there will always be demands for near instant success. That comes with the territory.

As I said earlier in the column, now all our attentions are focused on getting the points, and quickly, to secure our status in the Championship for next season.

We know we should have more points. But there's no point whatsoever talking about ifs, buts and maybes.

We are where we are and we now have two home games in the space of four days to get some more points back on the board.

Every game at the Walkers Stadium is a winnable one.

And we showed against Derby how well we can compete against the leading teams in this division.

After such an eventful week, it's important for the lads again today that they can count on your total backing.

So, again, let's create a great atmosphere and get those all-important three points.

The myth that this is not his team holds no water for me either recent teams have included

Henderson - new contract.

Stearman - new contract ; McAuley - his only decent signing; McCarthy - signed by Kelly; Kenton

Newton ; Johnson; Tiatto;- new contract; Yeates

Jarrett; Horsfield

He's also had Josh Low, Danny Cademarteri, Andy Welsh, Luigi Glombard.

Not forgetting his undoubted influence in the signings of Nissa, Hume, Fryatt, Hammond, - would Levein really have known much about any of them -see McCarthy.

That Team and those players have RK written all over them - mediocre

.....With Paddy McCarthy

0,,10274~3103274,00.jpg

We are where we are and we now have two home games in the space of four days to get some more points back on the board.

OMG! RK's an alien and has taken over Paddy Mac!

Wesolowski and Sheehan were also handed new contracts on Kelly's watch, were they not? Logan too. :ph34r:

Dodds too, perhaps? I might have imagined that one... but the other two I'm certain got new contracts off Kelly.

Any more and we can make a squad of 16... :P:ph34r:

.....With Paddy McCarthy

0,,10274~3103274,00.jpg

As a result of my current injury, I've not had the chance to work with him on the training ground yet.

Rob is a very honest man and was well liked by the players.

We are where we are and we now

Well hopefully he'll never get the chance. McCarthy is actually more stupid than I thought, and he’s sh*t at football

The myth continues to crumble day by day.

Paddy McCarthy epitomises Rob Kelly, f'ckn rubbish but loved by the majority of dunderheids that follow LCFC. Hope he is first out the door in the summer, somewhere like Drogheda United will do.

Something Heath and McCarthy have in common then - keep them the fcuk out of our own box! :Plol:D

I'd go one further and say keep the fook out of the team. Preferably keep the fook out of this country. :o:cool:;):D

Archived