Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
4 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

I think that he was an excellent white ball bowler (sub 8 economy in t20) and whilst his bowling in red ball was never top drawer it was good enough to compliment a frontline spinner (which is what Rehan could be) on a spinning deck where 2 spinners would be warranted. Such a situation is rare in this country which is why he was again valuable with his batting average of 29.9 with 10 50s meaning he can more than hold a bat.

 

So for a county like us without the budget for a big squad he offers:

 

White ball bowling

Backup spinner

Batting depth

Great fielder

 

I think that's a useful and versatile skillset to have at our level.

We'll see if he gets another gig but I can't see anyone wanting him. Most effective in t20 but as I said previously he isn't good enough to be a main spinner in CC or anything above a lower order batsman. I sympathise with him pparently being ostracised as he could have contributed in the 50 over comp.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...