Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OriginalRobboFOX

Fryatt or Hume

Well....  

96 members have voted

1. 1. I know who I'd choose but you....

• Fryatt
    • Hume
    • They are both excellent in their own special way...

The important issue with Fryatt is his unacceptable fitness level at the beginning of the season. I fail to see any justifiable reason for that lack of fitness and that makes me question whether he has the drive to be a top class professional footballer.

Until he can demonstrate that he's prepared to put in the effort to obtain and maintain the required level of fitness his ability or otherwise is largely irrelevant as this season has clearly demonstrated.

A potentially classy, prolific, intelligent unfit striker is no use to anyone.

How is Rooney a classic striker? And how is Horsfield a support striker who plays in the hole and drops back into midfield?

I'd take your point but your list was all over the place.

typo - rooney should be in the second striker list, i see the horse as a second striker as @ leicester he is used to hold the ball up, get freekicks, flick balls on etc. this is appose to ghosting around the 6 yard box being the final link in the chain. the only time he showed forward striker ability was that 10 mins againts cov scum.

Yes, fine, I see the point you're making.

But I still find it hard to see where Fryatt fits in.

Cos it's hard to relate to him as a serious striker at all.

Barton thinks that will all change and so, it seems, do others.

I hope he and they are right.

Cos I can't see one reason he gets in the side at all.

Yes I can see him bagging the odd goal or too.

But the 15/20 of a frontline marksman?.

I see no reasons. It's not as if he's being unlucky and having lots of shots.

Or having just a few shots but they're cannoning off the woodwork.

Or lots of dangerous runs that are clearly worrying defenders.

Or curling free kicks that are being blocked or just missing.

If any of that was happening I'd put it down to a bad run but it's not.

His big strength is his dribbling and accurate shooting. But he's not getting anywhere with that. Either because he's been sussed or he's just not sharp enough.

So what's left. He might poach two or three and he might head one or two but they'll be just scraps.

What does he have in his armoury by way of speed, height, leap, elusiveness, deft skills or all-round shooting prowess? I want to see it but I can't.

And certainly not in recent matches.

Surely it can't all be down to confidence and match fitness? Or can it. In which case why is he starting the matches. Why not have him on the bench?

now we are moving this thread on, thank you.

Ok all forward strikers rely on regular service. due to many shortfalls under the kelly regieme that we have discussed all season the service has simply not been there. even linekar, the legend he was would have looked nothing more than average this season @ city.

no disrespects to fryatt, but hume works his socks off every game, even if he doesn't score for ages. but then again, fryatt helped out a draw for us against the sheep.

Elvis works hard ....

What's your point?

You would rather have someone who runs around for 90 minutes, than someone who ahs better ability?

We may as well buy all the kenyan marathon runners then...

Gotta say, Fryatt isnt that special. He cant help it if hes had poor service etc but most of the time he struggles to shake off the defender and he isnt fast so he tends to turn one way, then the other which looks good when it works but its like playing with a cannon ball chained to your ankle.

Hopefully as the players around him get better and our total football kicks in, he will raise his game.

It's annoying at times because we can all see what Fryatt can do but he just can't always pull it off because of poor service. He's a forward and all forwards need service to survive. His goals against Fulham and Derby show what quality he has, he just needs a good run in the side and some chances.

It's annoying at times because we can all see what Fryatt can do but he just can't always pull it off because of poor service. He's a forward and all forwards need service to survive. His goals against Fulham and Derby show what quality he has, he just needs a good run in the side and some chances.

Bingo, good run in the side, exatly what Fryatt needs and a full season under his belt which he obviously hasnt had this season. Its clear he has potential he needs time to show it IMO. Games like Colchester, Derby and Fulham have shown what he can do but he has to be consistant because I'm sure the future manger / Milan wont accept one off performances.

Archived