lookwhaticando Posted 6 May 2007 Posted 6 May 2007 Arsenal 1-0 up. That shocking defender Boulharouz or whatever went into the back of Baptista, resulting in a red card and a penalty. Title race over?
Simi Posted 6 May 2007 Posted 6 May 2007 Arsenal 1-0 up.That shocking defender Boulharouz or whatever went into the back of Baptista, resulting in a red card and a penalty. Title race over? Yes. No Drogba. Mainly symbolizes how crap Chelski are without him.
Bryn Posted 6 May 2007 Posted 6 May 2007 Race was over before start of play to be honest, I couldn't see Chelsea pulling back an 8 point deficit.
lookwhaticando Posted 6 May 2007 Author Posted 6 May 2007 Best of all, Jose slagged Arsenal before the game. That sorted Wenger's team talk for him.
Koke Posted 6 May 2007 Posted 6 May 2007 Title race was over last week anyway. By the way, Boulahrouz isnt that bad. In his days in the Bundesliga, the guy was incredible.
Brainy Posted 6 May 2007 Posted 6 May 2007 People saying before yesterdays game how the title race was over. All it takes is a Man Utd defeat and a Chelsea victory. And to add that Man Utd have a poor record at the COMS 2 points Then Chelsea to win this wednesday Chelsea win on the last day. Oh well it's all over now
lookwhaticando Posted 6 May 2007 Author Posted 6 May 2007 By the way, Boulahrouz isnt that bad. In his days in the Bundesliga, the guy was incredible. I only seem to remember him looking like a disaster waiting to happen whenever I've seen him for Chelski. His sending off today was fully deserved, he got it incredibly wrong.
Koke Posted 6 May 2007 Posted 6 May 2007 I only seem to remember him looking like a disaster waiting to happen whenever I've seen him for Chelski. His sending off today was fully deserved, he got it incredibly wrong. I think the man gets a lot of unfair stick. Jose never plays him in consecutive games, and all his injury problems isn't helping him much either. Give him a run of games at CB and I believe he'll turn back to his good old days.
lookwhaticando Posted 6 May 2007 Author Posted 6 May 2007 I think the man gets a lot of unfair stick. Jose never plays him in consecutive games, and all his injury problems isn't helping him much either. Give him a run of games at CB and I believe he'll turn back to his good old days. You're probably right, without games, he can't be consistent. I've never seen him apart from his few appearances for Chelsea, so my opinion of him is probably slightly skewed.
Geo V Posted 6 May 2007 Posted 6 May 2007 Why dont Arsenal players shoot FFS??! Cheslki battled but may end up the season with just one trophy. BYE BYE MOURINHO!!!!
lookwhaticando Posted 6 May 2007 Author Posted 6 May 2007 Why dont Arsenal players shoot FFS??!Cheslki battled but may end up the season with just one trophy. BYE BYE MOURINHO!!!! Was wondering as much myself. Near the death, there's were about five Arsenal players attacking against three or four Chelsea players. One Arse found space on the left (Baptista I think) and he had the space and an angle - he didn't pull the trigger, he passed the ball across the box and the ball was stolen from them all. Golden opportunity for a stab at goal and they didn't take it at all... I just don't get it sometimes.
Bryn Posted 7 May 2007 Posted 7 May 2007 They've got no striker that's why. Baptista's a lump, Adebayor is equally lumpish and to be honest not really an out and out striker, and the other three were probably Fabregas, Hleb and erm... someone else. RVP out, Henry out, Arsenal need to dip into the transfer funds in summer and get themselves a good striker. In fact, all 4 of the top clubs need to do that in the summer... could be interesting.
lildave3 Posted 7 May 2007 Posted 7 May 2007 I only seem to remember him looking like a disaster waiting to happen whenever I've seen him for Chelski. His sending off today was fully deserved, he got it incredibly wrong. I remember the Barca match, he had Ronaldinho in his pocket all night.
Geo V Posted 7 May 2007 Posted 7 May 2007 They've got no striker that's why. Baptista's a lump, Adebayor is equally lumpish and to be honest not really an out and out striker, and the other three were probably Fabregas, Hleb and erm... someone else. RVP out, Henry out, Arsenal need to dip into the transfer funds in summer and get themselves a good striker. In fact, all 4 of the top clubs need to do that in the summer... could be interesting. Adebeyor is meant to be quality although I cant see it. Apparently he scored all of his countries goals in one recent qualifying campaign! I dont think it is just about strikers anyway. So many times there midfielders got into great positions but failed to shoot and tried one pass too many. A few years ago it was Ljungberg and Pires scoring from midfield and this season (second part that is) they have missed Van Persie`s goals. Still, if they shot and missed thats one thing but they just dont shoot at all! Even Rosicky who looks amazing for the Czech Republic with his long shots is too scared to shoot when he plays.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.