Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chesterfox

Who stirs the blood?

By "nothing" I trust you mean you now have a third bow to add into every thread you talk about along with Elvis and Dodds???!! Thankfully Mattock is the real deal and hopefully with a little luck he can be a first teamer next season and not be brushed to teh side by the new manager.

I don't think he's likely to be brushed aside in the circumstances.

I don't think he's likely to be brushed aside in the circumstances.

I hope not.

Every manager has his own opinions on what he prefers from the physical aspects of a player to the mental. I hope whoever comes in is fully upto speed with the good work being done at the academy and works closely with Rudkin and Beaglehole to devise a plan on what we are doing with our reserves. So many clubs at this level have loaned players out all season to lower league clubs so they can get a taste of real competitive action and I would rather see loads of our lasd out on loan that in the reserves any day.

Guess it's start over then - this is really the point of the thread - I would rather see a fresh start as we did with Jock Wallace. At least the team can grow with the fans and vice versa and get some allegiance. At the moment there is very little to inspire

I seem to remember this discussion taking place when Levein came in we all had high hopes of a new broom and new heroes unfortunately those hopes never bore fruit and the players he brought in ended up being ridiculed and blown out of the club. Let's hope the next manager succeeds where he failed.

I'm splitting hairs here but Mattock has been with the club since he was 11, he's now 16. Tags was with us for four years.

The original post suggested to me someone who demonstrates they are "proud to wear the shirt". Mattock has done that in 2.5 matches thus far. That's good enough for me. How he develops and where he might go is for the hereafter, at last we have a real prospect who is a Leicester lad and has already shown he wants it.

Apart from which, will we ever have the likes of Steve Walsh again? Hardly a fair comparison in my book.

Archived