Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

A Thracian blast from the past

Hume is better than Connolly. I really firmly believe that, the guy had no touch.

Connolly is however worth about ten million, isn't that right Thracian?

Around the time Peter Taylor was paying we'd have been lucky to get him for that price! :D :D

well if you were a manager you wouldhave payed 10 million for him :whistle:

If I were a manager I doubt I'd play £10m for anyone.

But if you were interested I might tell you anyone was worth £10m cos I can always come down on the price whereas if I told you £2m I doubt you'd be inclined to offer more.

In reality I'd probably develop most of my own players, always did. I know what I'm getting then and they's know what I want.

As someone who's in the business of buying and selling, my instinct would be to buy as near to the bottom as you can recognise quality, and as young as practicable, then sell at the top.

To buy at the top and still show a profit from your judgement and/or development of that talent - now that's special.

Especially if you spend your own money instead of someone else's. Anyone can take risks with other people's money.

I wouldn't find it easy being a manager now.

I'd want to be an owner - and spin the wheel for real.

you valued Connolly at 10 million. correct?

I value things every day - it is part of my work - but those valuations might be nothing like what I'd want to pay.

If I was buying I'd be looking for what people don't know. Not what they do know.

Hume is better than Connolly. I really firmly believe that, the guy had no touch.

You can f'ck right off, take your 76 posts and do one, eh!!!

Iain Hume isn't fit to lace David Connolly's boots and never will be. How anyone with the slightest understanding of the game can make a statement like that is beyond me.

What a f'cking doofus :dunno:

I've taken some stick over Connolly but how City could have done with the goals Connolly scored for Sunderland this season!

And wouldn't we like to be in their position?

its a shame we selled sold connolly when we did just after he had scored that hatrick

:laugh: Ridiculous

You can f'ck right off, take your 76 posts and do one, eh!!!

Iain Hume isn't fit to lace David Connolly's boots and never will be. How anyone with the slightest understanding of the game can make a statement like that is beyond me.

What a f'cking doofus :dunno:

You'd get on well with filbertway if all you did was talk about Hume lol

I said "rarely" clearly indicating that there are exceptions.

Obviously the exception card comes into play when it suits you then.

I saw no point in Worthington's appointment - Beaglehole and Taggart would have done just as well I imagine and quite possibly better

They could have done no better. Worthington (whether you like it or not) put out the teams and kept us up.

- but, as you well know, I read every word on here about the Norwich match and my feelings immediately afterwards, reactionary and later tempered though they might have been, were perfectly justified.

Just re-read the Norwich Post Match Thread when you get a minute. The crowd was over 24,000. So at worst 20,000 Leicester fans. The thread had 110 posts including your own (despite not attending), those of jamie who was banned from the ground and various tongue in cheek posts blaming Mickey Adams, Peter Taylor and Ade Akinbiyi, Steven crying himself to sleep and talk of a big poo. hardly the evidence required to condemn a manager after 90 minutes.

There's no way Worthington was what we needed

He kept us up and gave us a platform for Milan's 3 year plan. That was what he was brought into do. The style of the last 5 games meant diddly squat, this was purely a result based target. He was exactly what we needed.

Whether he is what we need going forward is a completely different matter.

Obviously the exception card comes into play when it suits you then.

They could have done no better. Worthington (whether you like it or not) put out the teams and kept us up.

Just re-read the Norwich Post Match Thread when you get a minute. The crowd was over 24,000. So at worst 20,000 Leicester fans. The thread had 110 posts including your own (despite not attending), those of jamie who was banned from the ground and various tongue in cheek posts blaming Mickey Adams, Peter Taylor and Ade Akinbiyi, Steven crying himself to sleep and talk of a big poo. hardly the evidence required to condemn a manager after 90 minutes.

He kept us up and gave us a platform for Milan's 3 year plan. That was what he was brought into do. The style of the last 5 games meant diddly squat, this was purely a result based target. He was exactly what we needed.

Whether he is what we need going forward is a completely different matter.

a) Of course. They are my words and I wouldn't have inserted the word "rarely" if I might not have wanted to apply it.

b) Of course they could have done better, in any number of ways. I was delighted with the two away results and Worthington had some effect on that as I clearly said at the time but the crowd and the good fortune of Nils last minute goal after Logan's vital saves were more important factors.

c) 110 posts offered plenty of evidence about what went on.

d) I congratulated him on keeping us up as loudly as the next man - but I'm quite sure Beaglehole/Taggart could have done the same and might, indeed, have had some input on the team selections.

e) Depends if Worthington saw it like that or as the chance to get the job permanently.

As for your last comment it only emphasises the weakness of your others. You've no conviction about the bloke whatsoever.

With all due respect, I only posted once in said thread, and it had nothing to do with the game or the performance or team selection. Infact it only suggested the people who thought we were safe may have been scared after watching it. :thumbup:

Can anyone remind me why I'm angry that I have been banned from watching us?? This is absolutely miserable. I bet all of the people who thought we were safe when I was saying otherwise are feeling very scared now.

With all due respect, I only posted once in said thread, and it had nothing to do with the game or the performance or team selection. Infact it only suggested the people who thought we were safe may have been scared after watching it. :thumbup:

You were surely right and contributed valuable evidence. :thumbup::D

Jamie

I was not having a pop at you at all. I was actually trying to question the validity of a foxestalk thread giving an objective view on a game when the content was in the main not linked to the peformance of the day.

In fact, despite you playing on the Under 21's side, I think your views are well worth reading unlike some on here. :thumbup:

As for your last comment it only emphasises the weakness of your others. You've no conviction about the bloke whatsoever.

You really are way off the mark at times.

Where have I ever written that have any conviction about him?

All I have had the good grace and sense to do and say is that 1) you cannot condemn a man after 90 minutes of football that (and I reiterate) you did not see. 2) The man came in to keep us up. He did that job.

The world of business has many fixed term contracts and this was just one of them.

Archived