Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
London_Fox

Rob Kelly

If only you'd beaten Wolves in the final game of the season - like planned! :frusty:

Seriously though, I hope he does a decent job for us. It is clear to see that many of you don't rate him much as a manager although how many times have we seen respected coaches not having the ability to step up to management? I recall Brian Kidd as a clear example of that.

Hope he does alright for you...

Not too alright that it stops us being promoted :ph34r: but alright enough such that if we don't progress, you do instead.

After all, I can't bare the thought of having shite like Wolves near the top of the table. :sick::D

If only you'd beaten Wolves in the final game of the season - like planned! :frusty:

Seriously though, I hope he does a decent job for us. It is clear to see that many of you don't rate him much as a manager although how many times have we seen respected coaches not having the ability to step up to management? I recall Brian Kidd as a clear example of that.

Martin Allen has had an influence already. I'm not going to say anything about comparing Rob Kelly and Brian Kidd as coaches.

I'm simply going to thank him again for keeping us up last season, to hope the Leicester experience has provided valuable lessons that he can learn from and wish him good luck in his new challenge. :thumbup:

Hope he does alright for you...

Not too alright that it stops us being promoted :ph34r: but alright enough such that if we don't progress, you do instead.

After all, I can't bare the thought of having shite like Wolves near the top of the table. :sick::D

With the astute signings that Leicester have made, it wouldn't be a surprise to see you fighting towards the top end of the table, so who knows, we could end up being side-by-side for the majority of the season :thumbup: - don't be fooled into thinking that if we lose nugent we will falter - we will surprise even further next season, despite the usual pundits writing us off.

Just the 11 weeks till it all starts again! :whistle:

With the astute signings that Leicester have made, it wouldn't be a surprise to see you fighting towards the top end of the table, so who knows, we could end up being side-by-side for the majority of the season :thumbup: - don't be fooled into thinking that if we lose nugent we will falter - we will surprise even further next season, despite the usual pundits writing us off.

Just the 11 weeks till it all starts again! :whistle:

I'm not fooled into making any kind of opinions about football teams other than my own... because I don't have a clue what I'm talking about! :D

It'd be nice to be "up there" with Preston for a change, considering your league position over the last 3 (I think?) seasons.

I might as well ask, even though not much positivity may be shown. Can anyone tell me what style of football Kelly will encourage as a coach, rather than as a manager. Can anyone recall the training sessions, when Kelly was a coach at Leicester? I know some fans pop down to watch training and they may have an insight into how things went?

Cheers.

I might as well ask, even though not much positivity may be shown. Can anyone tell me what style of football Kelly will encourage as a coach, rather than as a manager. Can anyone recall the training sessions, when Kelly was a coach at Leicester? I know some fans pop down to watch training and they may have an insight into how things went?

Cheers.

Right backs at left back. Centre midfielders on the wing.

Cheers.

You might be out of luck.

Kelly was assistant manager initially, and it's been said/suggested by some that he never had a great deal of influence in that position. We had another coach at the time, Peter Houston or Kenny Black (I forget which one did what) who was probably more responsible for training sessions.

Kelly's purpose was supposed to be to help source players in England, as he had better knowledge of the English Leagues than Craig Levein did.

I'm not sure what anyone can tell you about his style as a coach during training sessions.

He almost managed to reet foo this club up, but he was a nice fella, so good luck Rob.

And as for him going Preston......strange one really. Did Paul simpson not think how shite we were when we played them? If i was him i'd of thought 'i dont want a manager who plays football like this having influence on my team'. :dunno:

QUOTE(BartonFox @ May 17 2007, 01:41 PM)

Rob Kelly is a f'ckn shit coach, I hope Blackburn get relegated as he deserves no employment in the professional game.

Once agaion a thread filled with he's a good coach shilo, no one has ever presented a shread of evidence of that.

The man is cancer to any professional football team

Who is this fool?

OK, he didn't make it as a good manager. But certainly does deserve a job in the game. PNE, have got a good coach next to Simpson. I think you'll find PNE either 1/2 next season. They may prove me wrong, but with RK's knowledge, i think they will go one further than they did this previous season.

Again R.K, good luck with PNE

I think you'll find PNE either 1/2 next season. They may prove me wrong, but with RK's knowledge, i think they will go one further than they did this previous season.

Would you care for a wager? :)

With Rob's knowledge of what exactly? His understanding of how to get less from players by putting them out of position? His comprehension on how to ensure your squad starts the season unfit and gets worse the longer the season goes on? Maybe it's his lack of tactical awareness and inability to see flaws in a set-up that will stand him in good stead?

Everyone insists on saying he is a nice bloke - this maybe the one thing that saves him in his new job. He was nice enough to allow the squad to develop into a drinking club with a lax attitude to work and an atrocious attitude toward the fans of the club.

Preston need more than Kelly if they are to improve next season...if Kelly joining them was a good thing in the first place. :dunno:

I don't rate him as a manager or a coach.

Cheers.

As an assistant manager in training he appeared to have very little say over what was done. He was appointed by the board as Craig Levein's assistant but it was clear that Levein and Peter Houston were the double act and Kelly seemed to be a bit part behind Kenny Black in the pecking order of training ground work. While he could be found at the training ground I feel he was used mainly to scout opponents due to his knowledge of the English game (which is vast compared with Craig Levein, Peter Houston and Kenny Black).

His coaching as a manager was much more hands on. He would often stop to point out mistakes and wasn't afraid to tell people what they were doing wrong. His sessions weren't always fluid but they attempted to right certain wrongs. A couple of times he was not on the training ground, the sessions were more fluid but seemed to lack anyone who could suggest how to put things right. I think he could've done with a more senior man at the club to do the work away from the playing side enabling him to concentrate all efforts to his coaching.

People blame him for the lack of improvement or even decline in some players but the attitudes of some of these players weren't right imo and being a good coach can't change the attitudes. That's where a manager comes in.

Archived