Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
London_Fox

Rob Kelly

Ex-Leicester boss Kelly set for Blackburn

tribalfooball.com - May 16, 2007

"Former Leicester City boss Rob Kelly is set to join the backroom staff at Blackburn Rovers.

It's understood Kelly is to join Mark Hughes' coaching panel before preseason training. "

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=39699

Short and sweet but best of luck to him!

Not really a suprise, as he's a decent coach and i think Blackburn did state he'd have a job for life there.

They said he had a job for life with the Academy. Not sure whether they'd want him as a cocah working with the first team though.

More fool them!!! :clap::S

I guess Hughes know what he's doing... but dear lord! who would want K*lly as a coach, the fact that he's happy to take up what looks like a junior coaching role after having managed a big(ish) championship club tell you all you need to know about his ability, and indeed his own view of that ability and everyone else's view bar the previous board :rolleyes:

Harsh.

Good luck to Kelly I say. He couldn't quite cut it as manager here but people seem to quickly forget that he took over when we were in the relegation zone and rescued us from disaster. What happened this season was tragic but at least it wasn't in League 1.

I don't like all this Kelly bashing! i will always remember him for saving us last season with a remarkable turn-around in results which any top manager would have been proud of! As time went on though we realised his limitations and the reason why he had not managed a club before! I think he will be happy he has had his shot at management and might like going back to the less stressful life of being a coach! I can't abuse someone who tryed their hardest! It's like shouting abuse at a disabled person because they did crap in 100metres sprint! Least they tried! Not their fault they aren't good enough! :thumbup:

Rob Kelly is a f'ckn shit coach, I hope Blackburn get relegated as he deserves no employment in the professional game.

Once agaion a thread filled with he's a good coach shilo, no one has ever presented a shread of evidence of that.

The man is cancer to any professional football team.

Old news - there was a thread about him going up there during the week after he got sacked...seemed like a done deal before the sacking tbh.

No no no and no it was about Alan Kelly going back.

Is it only football and supermarkets where idiots can prove they are awful at their jobs and yet remain employed/employable.

lol He got the sack! And has now returned to a coaching job! So hardly didn't suffer from his lack of success in management! Using your example, kind of like someone been promoted to the check-out tills and then being sacked and put back on pushing trolleys in the car park!!

I don't like all this Kelly bashing! i will always remember him for saving us last season with a remarkable turn-around in results which any top manager would have been proud of! As time went on though we realised his limitations and the reason why he had not managed a club before! I think he will be happy he has had his shot at management and might like going back to the less stressful life of being a coach! I can't abuse someone who tryed their hardest! It's like shouting abuse at a disabled person because they did crap in 100metres sprint! Least they tried! Not their fault they aren't good enough! :thumbup:

he could go to a league two team where there are less fans and less pressure

lol He got the sack! And has now returned to a coaching job! So hardly didn't suffer from his lack of success in management! Using your example, kind of like someone been promoted to the check-out tills and then being sacked and put back on pushing trolleys in the car park!!

Using your analogy, I'd argue that he's not even very good at pushing trolleys.

If Maybury, Stearman, Hughes and a number of other players who went miles backwards in terms of performance this year are examples of well-coached players.... well, I think you see my point.

I wonder if I could get a job coaching at Blackburn, I hear the players up there are a cracking set of lads.....

he could go to a league two team where there are less fans and less pressure

Yeh he could and that's what i actually thought he would be doing but obviously he had it good at Blackburn before and was successful, so probably wants to regain some of that success and maybe some confidence while he's at it!!!

Using your analogy, I'd argue that he's not even very good at pushing trolleys.

If Maybury, Stearman, Hughes and a number of other players who went miles backwards in terms of performance this year are examples of well-coached players.... well, I think you see my point.

I wonder if I could get a job coaching at Blackburn, I hear the players up there are a cracking set of lads.....

lol well if you do get his job coaching there, then maybe we actualy will see Kelly pushing trolleys around afterall. The man has got a family to feed!!!

Old news - there was a thread about him going up there during the week after he got sacked...seemed like a done deal before the sacking tbh.
No no no and no it was about Alan Kelly going back.

Yup.

The last 'report' of Kelly going to Blackburn a day or two after the sacking - and someone had simply read a headline on the Premier League website which read Kelly returns to Blackburn. The poster - and all the people replying to his post - assumed it was Rob Kelly. They hadn't checked the Blackburn website - where the story was being linked from - for details. ;)

Sadly, the thread seemed to die on it's arse once I cleared that one up for people... so most people are still unaware of this little factual flaw in that story. lol

Once agaion a thread filled with he's a good coach shilo, no one has ever presented a shread of evidence of that.

:yesyes:

What next? A thread about how the Trust are doing a great job and everyone should just lay off them ...afteralltheyarevolunteersanddoingtheirbestandeverythingzzzzzzzz.....

Archived