Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
London_Fox

Rob Kelly

Yup.

The last 'report' of Kelly going to Blackburn a day or two after the sacking - and someone had simply read a headline on the Premier League website which read Kelly returns to Blackburn. The poster - and all the people replying to his post - assumed it was Rob Kelly. They hadn't checked the Blackburn website - where the story was being linked from - for details. ;)

Sadly, the thread seemed to die on it's arse once I cleared that one up for people... so most people are still unaware of this little factual flaw in that story. lol

Twas me who saw the link and posted it here, although it never actually went to a story it just scrolled across in no mans land.

Twas me who saw the link and posted it here, although it never actually went to a story it just scrolled across in no mans land.

Indeed.

The story had to come from somewhere, so I went to the Blackburn website to investigate. :ph34r:

I wasn't satisfied that he'd rejoined until I had seen it announced somewhere properly - especially so soon after being sacked. I'm like that. :blush:

The job he had here was the manager's job after midless Levein got the sack. He isn't a manager, he is a coach. We've seen his managerial abilities and they were poor, and that is being honest, but we've yet to hear of his coaching abilities, and i am sure his job when he first came here was to be a coach. Not to be dragged in to save us from relegation and the following season to take us up.

All i have to say to the fella is good luck with Blackburn and your new job. Thanks for saving us from relegation last year.

Thought he had gone Blackburn.

:nono:

That was some goalkeeping coach... Alan Kelly or something.

Rob Kelly to Blackburn was never substantiated at all. Besides, he didn't need to jump back into a job so quickly (just a couple of days after being sacked) - he banked a years' salary, so I imagine he's just had time off since he got sacked anyway.

Blackburn: Academy News

Fourth article down: Kelly eyes new opportunity... this is the story that was misinterpreted (from the Premier League website, actually). :thumbup:

Then there was the latest article... first post of this thread. Said he'd join up with the coaching staff in pre-season... obviously, he wouldn't have taken up the position just yet, that wouldn't make much sense.

Where does it say hes gone to preston anyway?
Indeed he is... not that he was anywhere else before this. :unsure:

Coincidentally, the assistant manager at Deepdale is also a bloke called Kelly - David 'Ned' Kelly. ^_^

Jesus christ... just clicked the link again, and looked at the reaction to the news at the bottom. :blink:

Is it the same bloke we're talking about here? :S

Story was updated today, it seems PNE are waiting... quite strange.

Rob Kelly is a f'ckn shit coach, I hope Blackburn get relegated as he deserves no employment in the professional game.

Once agaion a thread filled with he's a good coach shilo, no one has ever presented a shread of evidence of that.

The man is cancer to any professional football team.

Well is Beagle get the credit for us winning the league then Kelly should get the credit for winning with blackburns kids. There's your evidence.

Well is Beagle get the credit for us winning the league then Kelly should get the credit for winning with blackburns kids. There's your evidence.

I've not noticed any threat of Beaglehole being crushed under the weight of congratulation for his considerable achievement and, indeed, there's been a pronounced lack of credit from some quarters, as you might expect, I suppose.

I've not noticed any threat of Beaglehole being crushed under the weight of congratulation for his considerable achievement and, indeed, there's been a pronounced lack of credit from some quarters, as you might expect, I suppose.

I could probably manage a team who in most cases are 2 years older and vastly more experienced than their opponents to at least a modicum of success in similar circumstances!

It's ironic that you love these youngsters and Beaglehole really because a large part of their success is due to their extra years of development and experience. And you hate experience.

Kelly joins PNE.

It's big news there... he's got three articles about him on the OS already. :ph34r:

Watch now as his coaching skills help guide Preston to automatic promotion... it'd be just our luck. :ph34r:

If only you'd beaten Wolves in the final game of the season - like planned! :frusty:

Seriously though, I hope he does a decent job for us. It is clear to see that many of you don't rate him much as a manager although how many times have we seen respected coaches not having the ability to step up to management? I recall Brian Kidd as a clear example of that.

Archived