Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Albums Of 2007, So Far.....

Bad Brains are playing a concert cruise in NYC in two weeks but it sold out in nanoseconds (you can imagine why). Now, people are selling their $35 tickets for well over $200. :mad:

The first time I saw Bad Brains was at the Hammersmith Klubfoot (1987) - People were climbing the outside of the building to get in through the windows two floors up :eek:

An incredible show but very hot and squashed

I hope HR can keep his act/mind together long enough for them to come do some UK shows again

I've still got the Evidence solo album on pure rotation, love it. The Interpol Album will be discussed in this thread in weeks to come and will obviously be better than the Artic Monkeys offering

I'd really hope so, because if not they might as well just stop. I don't mind their new single but it's a bit sparse and not really as good as any of the Antics singles.

I like the New Art Brut album more with every listen. Especially the opener.

I'd really hope so, because if not they might as well just stop. I don't mind their new single but it's a bit sparse and not really as good as any of the Antics singles.

Is the St Pauli song on that new Art Brut album?

Yes I agree, but I was never that impressed with Slow Hands when I first heard it shortly before Antics was released, and it's probably my least favorite from the album still. The new song is nothing special to be honest, but in a commercial sense it's possibly the most definitive track from the new album hence why chosen for a single release. Like Antics, hopefully the remainder of the album with unearth some new gems. Thing is with Interpol, they sound unique but they hardly push musical boundaries, I'm worried they might fizzle out a bit on this effort. Hope not

Ghosts album ain't half bad. It's chucks in the odd cliché but they aren't totally insincere (and shit) like Keane or mostly slow and miserable like Coldplay.

In fact I don't even see the comparisions, really.

'Mind games' is great.

Tip for future album of the year:

Luna Halo "Luna Halo"

If you like pop/rock/nu-wave this owns everything else

I'm listening to their Myspace stuff, but as they appear to be from Nashville I don't have high hopes. :/

Archived