Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Albums Of 2007, So Far.....

My top three this year;

3) Art Brut - It's A Bit Complicated

2) The Cribs - Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever

1) Good Shoes - Think Before You Speak

Everyone is raving about these Crib types.

Are they good?

Would I like them, Mr Fezeridge?

Que 2953223509285023 people saying the Arctic Monkeys. I'm going to be different and say Agony by the Tossers. :thumbup:

Exactly what i thought! The Arctic's new album, imo is nothing on the first.. :yawn:

Im going for the fantastic - Maximo Park's, Our Earthly Pleasures. :cool:

I just bought Up The Bracket by The Libertines!

Anyone heard of them?

Yeah man, a fresh, cool new band. I reckon in 2010, the lead singers will go seperate ways and form different bands

yeah love the gallows album but was actually released in sept 2006 its being re-ish'd soon tho..

biffy clyro puzzle rocks as does pigeon detectives..

personal fave of 2007 tho has to be kings of leon just in front of arcade fire.

after listening to the new Turbonegro Album on myspace that's right up at the top imo!!

51593EOVZ9L._SS500_.jpg

On first listening I was a little unsure - But now it just gets better and better (Seeing them play the new stuff live really helped as well)

I love Hell Toupée

Bad Brains - Build A Nation

Bad_brains1.jpg

How does this compare to the older stuff? - I rate everything up to and including I Against I as absolute classics

What's the lineup on this one? - I heard rumours of the original lineup getting back together??

How does this compare to the older stuff? - I rate everything up to and including I Against I as absolute classics

What's the lineup on this one? - I heard rumours of the original lineup getting back together??

The line up is H.R. -- Vocals, Darryl Jenifer -- Bass, Dr. Know -- Guitars, Earl -- Drums

I was surprised when I heard the album that they have lost nothing in the time between this and the last album. I've got all their albums and love them all. It really is worth the buy on 26/6.

Three songs off the album are on their myspace page

Here

The line up is H.R. -- Vocals, Darryl Jenifer -- Bass, Dr. Know -- Guitars, Earl -- Drums

I was surprised when I heard the album that they have lost nothing in the time between this and the last album. I've got all their albums and love them all. It really is worth the buy on 26/6.

Three songs off the album are on their myspace page

Here

Cheers - That's sounding very interesting - Original lineup too - I'll check that out

Bad Brains are still the best live band I have ever seen (by miles)

Bad Brains are playing a concert cruise in NYC in two weeks but it sold out in nanoseconds (you can imagine why). Now, people are selling their $35 tickets for well over $200. :mad:

Hmm... 2007 albums... IMO, this hasn't really been that good of a music year so far :(

- The Fall's latest effort (Reformation Post T.L.C.) was rushed through recording and production, and unfortunately, it shows... but there are still a few excellent tracks on it (even if they may be of the a-face-only-a-Fall-fan-can-love variety).

- Return efforts by NYC "dance-rockers" LCD Soundsystem (Sound of Silver) and !!! (Myth Takes) are OK, but poor by the high standards that they have set.

- The debut LP from A Sunny Day in Glasgow (Scribble Mural Comic Journal) was interesting at first, but I've grown tired of it already after only a few listens.

- I've never been a Deerhoof fan, but I was surprised that I actually enjoy a few songs of their latest album (Friend Opportunity). However, I still wouldn't buy it.

- Menomena's debut (?) album (Friend and Foe) is getting well-deserved accolades and exposure.

- The new one from Parts & Labor (Mapmaker) is a sonic olive branch for the hipsters and punks. Got it on Tuesday and so far, I like it very much.

- Critics are calling Frog Eyes' new album (Tears of the Valedictorian) their best effort yet. Now, I prefer Spencer Krug's other and more successful band, Wolf Parade, to Frog Eyes... but I've got to say that "Caravan Breakers, They Prey on the Weak and the Old" is the best new song I've heard this year, hands-down.

- "Minimalist" Dischord Records outfit Antelope put out an album that seemed quite interesting at first (Reflector), but the album really loses momentum as it goes on.

- IMO, some of the year's big-time failures (of albums I've actually listened to) include the new Arcade Fire album (Neon Bible)--I thought it would grow on me... and it did--it grew tiresome. Bloc Party returned with a "concept album" (A Weekend in the City), and it'd make sense if the concept was to record an album full of terrible songs. Modest Mouse used to be one of my favorite bands, but their latest effort (We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank) doesn't do it for me. Tiger Army are supposed to be this kick-ass loud and fast band, but I listened to their 2007 release (Music From Regions Beyond), and it's just the same poor shit from a dead scene, different name.

Archived