Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Master Fox

Allen in crunch meeting

When I go over all the candidates in my head, I get one one of the better feelings when I think of Mad Dog. This will undoubtedly be his biggest job yet, hopefully he will associate Milans input as a respectful and supportive partnership and not as an irritant as seen with various egotistical managers/chairman at other clubs in recent years.

I'll tell you what. If anybody can stand up to MM's meddling, it's Mad Dog !! Don't know if that's a good thing or not!!

I'm 3,400 miles too far away from the ground to actually meet him.

Sadly. :ph34r:

Well let me give you the gist of what he is going to say

Flattered to be approached. But no intention whatsoever of leaving the Dons. Only talked to Mandaric out of courtesy and because PW said I could. Took days of agonising to decide. Almost said no. But club is a sleeping giant. Owe it to myself and my family and my staff. And when I sat in that car park...(sorry that was last year) - Im here for the long term not the short -

These were all said at Barnet, Brentford & MK - Im going to keep an ear out for one of these gems :rolleyes:

I know your club is bigger before the emails come back :worship:

If you get on the end of a hoof upfield next season then we'll know Allen has taken the long-ball game one step too far.

lol

If I manage to do something with the hoof (unlike say Horsfield) do you think he'll offer me a shirt number? :ph34r:

Well let me give you the gist of what he is going to say

Flattered to be approached. But no intention whatsoever of leaving the Dons. Only talked to Mandaric out of courtesy and because PW said I could. Took days of agonising to decide. Almost said no. But club is a sleeping giant. Owe it to myself and my family and my staff. And when I sat in that car park...(sorry that was last year) - Im here for the long term not the short -

These were all said at Barnet, Brentford & MK - Im going to keep an ear out for one of these gems :rolleyes:

I know your club is bigger before the emails come back :worship:

lol

Vivid. I'll no doubt watch the interview myself at some point... I just won't witness it in the flesh.

Or live, for that matter... as interested I am in the managerial situation, I'm not getting up at 6am for the press conference. ^_^

lol

If I manage to do something with the hoof (unlike say Horsfield) do you think he'll offer me a shirt number? :ph34r:

lol

Vivid. I'll no doubt watch the interview myself at some point... I just won't witness it in the flesh.

Or live, for that matter... as interested I am in the managerial situation, I'm not getting up at 6am for the press conference. ^_^

Where are you then?

If you get on the end of a hoof upfield next season then we'll know Allen has taken the long-ball game one step too far.

Steady on Fez. You're mixing up Martin Allen's preferred scientific long pass with Rob Kelly's hit and hope hoofing by players who couldn't do it properly due to sheer incompetence. We're talking a different turkey here!!!!

Dont call him mad dog - he genuinely hates that

He said the people who come through the turnstyles can call me what they like, they pay the wages.

Though I think when Matty Baker said it to him on his first day meeting the squad, he has his contract terminated :|

MKBA

Though I think when Matty Baker said it to him on his first day meeting the squad, he has his contract terminated :|

Quick!

Someone inform Douglas, Maybury, McCarthy, Kenton, Hughes & DeVries that they're to address Mr. Allen as "Mad Dog" only. :sweating:

Quick!

Someone inform Douglas, Maybury, McCarthy, Kenton, Hughes & DeVries that they're to address Mr. Allen as "Mad Dog" only. :sweating:

Make no mistake about it, Allen will have a huge clearout. I think only 6 or 7 original players remain with us from before Allen arrived and only 3 of them are playing regulary, all the others have been shipped out of the club and Allen brought loads of quality in from the championship to League 2 for us, players such as McGovern and Dyer from Sheffield Wednesday and West Brom.

Allen is good at finding bargins and players on free's and at Brentford he had an eye for talent, he even got DJ Cambell from non-league and now look at him!

The thing is give him a few quid and see, we have a few bob and he spent most of it on wages.

So it will be interesting to see how he copes in the championship with alot of cash to play with.

Archived