Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AoWW

Martin Allen's fav hobby... gardening!

Don't think this has been posted elsewhere... :dunno:

Made me laugh, anyway!

Allen: (quoted from Daily Mail... must be true then!) :whistle:

"Gardening can help relieve the stress of management but it’s also similar to tending a football team.

"I took a chainsaw to clear out Brentford and got some new plants, some in a sale and some that people thought were old and dead, but I got some life out of them. I had a nice garden there after some hard work and tender loving care.

"Hopefully, Leicester have an excellent nursery where there are some impressive seedlings and we’ll see what we can grow with some new plants added.

Source

Bonkers, me thinks! :clap:

This can be added to the "Funny Quotes from Martin Allen" book :thumbsup: :P

Has there been a thread started on Allen Quotes?

If not....then there should! :thumbup::worship:

"Gardening can help relieve the stress of management but it’s also similar to tending a football team.

"I took a chainsaw to clear out Brentford and got some new plants, some in a sale and some that people thought were old and dead, but I got some life out of them. I had a nice garden there after some hard work and tender loving care.

"Hopefully, Leicester have an excellent nursery where there are some impressive seedlings and we’ll see what we can grow with some new plants added.

Huh, nick my quote why don't you. :rolleyes::whistle:

Following his swim in the River Skerne at Hartlepool:

"I went swimming in a river near our hotel and it was absolutely freezing. It was about 50 yards wide and I don't think anything could've been colder but what I did was incidental; the players deserve the credit not me. They jump the jumps and the jockey just sits on top of the horse."

"You feed the horse, rub it, kick the thing sometimes and sometimes you cuddle it, but if that horse doesn't want to jump that hurdle, it doesn't matter how good a jockey you are. But God did they jump high today."

:P

Has there been a thread started on Allen Quotes?

If not....then there should! :thumbup::worship:

great quote from Allen when asked if he was under pressure now he had become citys new manager "Pressure is not having a job. I laboured as a gardener for 8 months.Ihad no income , two kid at private school and i was snookered. so I put an ad in the newsagents window saying i was a gardener with 10 years experience. I got about 6 calls and I grafted during deylight hours. As it was winter, I cut everything back. I didnt have a clue what i was doing and often wondered what happened in the spring. I have avoided those houses like the plague!

I am a professional horticulturist and am glad there is one less cowboy out just hope he dont end up on house of horrors.Seriously he sounds a top man and if hes worked as a gardener he must be a real man.

Don't think this has been posted elsewhere... :dunno:

Made me laugh, anyway!

Allen: (quoted from Daily Mail... must be true then!) :whistle:

Source

Bonkers, me thinks! :clap:

lol Martin Allen where do you get all dat shit from?

:worship:

Archived