Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

Transfer listed Players

Who Derby have just transfer to Millwall.

well that clearly only proves ONE thing and that is that Arsene Wenger, Billy Davies and Rob Kelly (ok you can have one out of 3!! :D ) all know nothing at all about football to let such a brilliant talent go they should all be sacked as they obviously can't handle the talent of Ryan Smith.

Just wondering, when the players return for training on monday, will the transfer listed players be training with the rest of the squad as they are effectively not in the squad for next season? Or will they be off on their own? This isn't a situation i have seen before - 5/6 players listed before pre-season.

They'll be at training I imagine.

The less they train, the less fit they'll be, the less likely someone's going to take them off our hands.

It's in their interests, and the club's interests for them to join up with training.

After all, about 11 months ago, Rob Kelly made it clear that he wasn't thinking about Sylla, Hamill and De Vries, but they were still there on the training pitches with him after he'd said that (though they were never formally transfer listed, I don't think). Training with the squad was good news for Sylla, as he managed to get himself back into the reckoning briefly.

Just wondering, when the players return for training on monday, will the transfer listed players be training with the rest of the squad as they are effectively not in the squad for next season? Or will they be off on their own? This isn't a situation i have seen before - 5/6 players listed before pre-season.

They should be training I should think. As LWICD says it's important for them to maintain as much fitness as they can if we want to offload them.

Allen's said these players aren't required but has, I think purposefully, been careful about the way he's spoken about them. He's come out and said that the reason he's listed some is because they were fringe players last season, not because they're not good players, which should make them more willing to train and try to make a good impression. If he had been saying in the media that he felt they weren't good enough for the club in a direct manner there would be a greater chance of them becoming bad influences on the other players. I think all of them will be able to train without kicking up too much of a fuss about. They should be able to as they are professionals, or at least that's what they claim.

Archived