Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

"almost" signings

so much must go on behind the scenes we dont know about regarding transfers.

anyone know of any good/ or bad players that have been close to signing that have fell through.

I dont im afraid but i am very concerned with the signings so far!

I think other than a left back we are sound defensively, same up front if all stay fit, just one good striker will complete that area.

But my main concern is midfield, dont know much about the two lads we have signed but we need at least 3/4 more midfielders but at least one as to be a class act, just like Muzzy was when we went up under Adams. The man for that job is Danny Murphy!

I think with Murphy and 2 or 3 quality signings we will have a good chance!

The press reported during O'Neill's time that we had actually signed Andy Booth from Sheffield Wednesday and Chris Armstrong from Tottenham, both for around £3million - at different points during the 1999/00 season. Dunno how close we were to signing either of them in reality though.

I used to have a season ticket behind the away managers dugout at filbert street and the rumour of booth was going on at the same time we were playing against the owls. Booth got left out of the squad and came and sat behind the dugout next to some of the paramedics and we interrogated him to see what was happening and he told us in person that he expected it to be completed within the next week and he was looking forward to playing for the foxes, dont know what must have happened with that one!

I thought the problem with Andy Booth was he had a dodgy knee, and so MON wanted to link a lot of the fee to appearances but Sheff Wed wanted it all up front and so talks broke down?

Still mystified as to why we were after him. Bag of shite.

Archived