Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
He's not bald

Cambridge United

Yes they do have conference grounds:)

Will be making this trip as usual.

http://www.apwj49.dsl.pipex.com/conference/misc.htm

There is a car park next to the club entrance it is very small and always full. Other parking in this area is in side streets and limited. Off-road car-parking is provided behind the ground accessed from Coldhams Lane. To reach this, continue past the ground entrance for another 400 yards and turn Left into Coldhams Lane at the traffic lights. Continue for about 300 yards, crossing a small round-a-bout and over a railway bridge, The car park entrance is on the left about 50 yards beyond the bridge. Thanks to Chris Armstrong for providing the directions and car parking details.
There is a supporters club at the ground (which I am informed does reasonably priced food and is friendly), that allows in away supporters. Graham Young informs me; 'the main pub for away fans is the Greyhound, which is about a 5-10 minute walk from the away end across Coldhams Common (go under the railway bridge and follow the track along until you reach it)'. Mark Walker recommends The Wrestlers Arms, which is about half a mile away from the ground on Newmarket Road. 'An excellent selection of beers, and rather bizarrely, fantastic, authentic Thai food'. Antony Wallis a visiting Hull supporter adds; 'as you leave the A14 and pass through Fen Ditton you will see a pub on the left called the Blue Lion. It serves real ale and good food'.

You may spot me in the Leicester fans, new shirt with Fludie 9 on the back:)

Was going to this but am not so sure I can make it now.

Parking in Cambridge is a flaming nightmare at the best of times (and the traffic is also usually bad!). Parking at the ground is at a premium (and soooo easy to be blocked in- been there done that) so I wouldn't bother if its busy. I'd use one of the park and rides. Been a couple of years since I lived in Cambridge but I think the Trumpington Park and Ride goes past the ground (don't quote me though!) if not, you can get off at the Grafton centre and walk- its only about 20 mins tops. If you get off at the Grafton Centre and take a right into Prospect Row there are FOUR decent pubs down here (where I used to live :D ). Plus theres a pub on the corner by tescos on the way to the ground if you walk. Can't remember the name of it though!

If you are going by train, get a taxi from the station- its a fair walk!

Last time I went there was some terracing and some seating for away fans; behind the goal is seated (although you will probably get wet if it does decide to rain!) and in the corner there is terracing if I remember right, next to the home fans.

Was going to this but am not so sure I can make it now.

Parking in Cambridge is a flaming nightmare at the best of times (and the traffic is also usually bad!). Parking at the ground is at a premium (and soooo easy to be blocked in- been there done that) so I wouldn't bother if its busy. I'd use one of the park and rides. Been a couple of years since I lived in Cambridge but I think the Trumpington Park and Ride goes past the ground (don't quote me though!) if not, you can get off at the Grafton centre and walk- its only about 20 mins tops. If you get off at the Grafton Centre and take a right into Prospect Row there are FOUR decent pubs down here (where I used to live :D ). Plus theres a pub on the corner by tescos on the way to the ground if you walk. Can't remember the name of it though!

If you are going by train, get a taxi from the station- its a fair walk!

Last time I went there was some terracing and some seating for away fans; behind the goal is seated (although you will probably get wet if it does decide to rain!) and in the corner there is terracing if I remember right, next to the home fans.

Grafton Centre it is then...wanted to watch "Evan Almighty" and will do that first before watching "Kaebi Almighty"! :worship:

What time are people leaving from Leicester tonight? Im unsure.

3.00pm time for leasurely pint or two and a meal hopefully, might even take a punt at a punt on the River Cam :D

cam-d15a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Fair enough. Im not sure i can be botherd to drive anyway im still hungover.

Unless AOWW wants a lift. :P

Sorry honey... just spotted this. Didn't go as I was on my hols - otherwise, I could indeed have been hitching a lift. ;):D

Archived