Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'Greatest Games'

Derby 0 - 4 Leicester!

Well, they could at least include the first 15 minutes.

That game was good and bad for me. My stupid Mum bought the tickets for it at Derby on her way home from work and she didn't know that if you buy them from Pride Park your gonna be in the home section. So there we were in the home section surrounded by sheep sh*ggers, i had my coat done up to cover my City shirt and i was scared sh*tless at the time as i was 8 i think. No one suspected a thing until the 1st goal went in and my Mum stood up and cheered :blink: We told her not to do that again if we got another goal lol obviously it was too late for that anyway. After each goal the man behind us threatened to "fooking" kill my Dad (making his 6 year old cry). By the 3rd goal just about everyone in that side of the stadium knew we were Leicester fans and were all shouting at us to piss off. But as soon as the 4th went in they all just shut up and by half time we were about the only ones in the whole stand.

Don't know why i told you that :huh:

That`ll be a great idea. I hope the dig deep within the archives as I have asked for the 4-3 win over Leeds from about 20 years ago (at Filbo). I can remember us having a couple of great games against Newcastle at the same time where in the same season I think we won 4-3 and lost 5-4 or something. I cant find the stats online but I'm sure someone will remind me of the more accurate scores. If memory serves me Mick Quinn scored at least one hat-trick and Mark McGhee was on the scoresheet but I reckon a defender of theres, Anderson (maybe John?) scored the winner late on at theirs??

I remember the 4-5 at Newcastle as it was the year I moved up here. Roy Aitken made his debut that day and Kevin Campbell and Paul Moran were on loan to us. 4-2 up with 13 to go.... :cry:

Archived