Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Sheehan

i think sheehan has been quite good in midfield on the left but the bad news is he might be pulled back to left back because of the absence of clive clarke and then porter being made to start :|

Sheehan is far from teh finished article and in the little time I have seen him he has done OK. Ideally we would sign someone better in that position but left-midfield is a weird position to fill these days and so many clubs have either played right-footed players on the left like Koumas at WBA or gone down the road of Brum and converted a left-footed striker into the position. Liverpool haven't had a decent left-mid for years and there is a distinct shortage of them so we mustn't just buy someone for the sake of it when Sheehan, Levi and Mattock are capable of filling the void in the short term.

i think sheehan has been quite good in midfield on the left but the bad news is he might be pulled back to left back because of the absence of clive clarke and then porter being made to start :|

Porter and Sheehan would have been in the Academy team around the same time... potentially playing together up the left for a good spell.

Perhaps they still have an understanding, enough of one to make the left side useful.

Just a thought... probably wishful thinking, it has been a couple of years. :ermm:

I think that by the age of 20 you can tell if the potential is there, and personally I haven't seen anything other than that he has a decent shot and can deliver a good set piece.

having a decent shot and good at set pieces? isn't that potential?

most of the best midfielders peaked in their late twenties - but when, if ever has anyone played him, say, five games in a row...

I don't like Alan Sheehan as a player, I don't think he's good enough, and what I've herd in relation to his personality hasn't impressed me either.

Sheehan also did struggle in the first half on Saturday, and was beyond Woefull at palace.

But apparently he got alot better in the 2nd half v Watford (even if he did swear at the kop :whistle::D ) And unless we sign a good left sided player tommorrow he's going to have to feature, with Clive Clarke now seemingly out of the running for the foreseeable we have Porter Hayes Sheehan and Mattock to choose from, to fill two positions. all are young all have big short comings. But all of them are better options than playing Newton at left wing. He's yet to give a truly impressive performance at right wing this season, so god knows what he'll be like on the other side.

Martin Allen clearly thought Sheehan was a good player - as did Steve Beaglehole who made him captain of the reserves which hardly suggests he's some shit sort of character.

I'd bet a few bob that, when MA referred to MM always trying to interfere with team selection, that Joe Mattock was one of his preferences - because he wants to get his price up.

But while some City fans would have ignored JM's calamity performance against Blackpool and restored him to the team, MA liked what Sheehan contributed and so did I against Watford and against a good many other teams when he's played at first team or reserves level.

I doubt you know Sheehan well enough to judge his personality and if the hearsay you've listened to is as good as that which has been bandied about concerning Porter, then I've no time for it.

I prefer to listen to people who really know the people concerned.

Hes young and will improve as a winger stick with him

I agree, I was reading an article on him and it said that he was 20 years old. I honestly thought that he was older than that and had to double check on wikipedia. Although he did get a lot of hype a couple of years back as the best thing out of the academy etc. He will improve ;)

Archived