Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Sheehan

Me personally, i don't think Sheehan is good enough to play for Leicester nor did he impress me against Watford. He just wasn't in the match for the entire first half and looked like a lost boy on the pitch. Sure he scored a goal, a lucky deflected free kick but he didn't do much else. I don't rate him at all and i would play Newton on the left, Back up would have to be Mattock left mid as he showed at the end of last season he could really attack up the left wing. We could do with another left sided loan signing.

Who plays left mid for the academy or reserves?

Me personally, i don't think Sheehan is good enough to play for Leicester nor did he impress me against Watford. He just wasn't in the match for the entire first half and looked like a lost boy on the pitch. Sure he scored a goal, a lucky deflected free kick but he didn't do much else. I don't rate him at all and i would play Newton on the left, Back up would have to be Mattock left mid as he showed at the end of last season he could really attack up the left wing. We could do with another left sided loan signing.

you're forgetting newton is cr@p in his natural right sided position so why would you put him on the left we just need a new left winger stat

I thought he was pretty good against watford tbh. Worked really well with him and Clarke on the left.

would like to see Hayes play on the left again once he's fit.

Sheehan did well against Watford, certainly better than Porter was against Forest on Tuesday. And Newton should be nowhere near the starting line up, he's garbage.

Newton is our weak link when we play him in my opinion, rather have Sheehan any day, could become a good player given a run in the side!

Newton is our weak link when we play him in my opinion, rather have Sheehan any day, could become a good player given a run in the side!
just reminding you sheehan is a left back & an un-established one at that so i hope were not pinning all our hopes on him being our new left winger
can kaebi play left mid?
i dunno if he can but he never has

just reminding you sheehan is a left back & an un-established one at that so i hope were not pinning all our hopes on him being our new left wingeri dunno if he can but he never has

Im not pinning my hopes on him being our new left winger, but he will be better than Newton there in my opinion!

I think he's done well but he's not the long term solution. As a full back he can't defend and as a left sided midfielder he is too slow and can't go past people and, although he is a decent crosser, he isn't good enough to make up for his lack of pace in the same way that players like Beckham and Guppy do. He is an asset from set pieces though.

I think sheehan was brilliant against watford and he is a good player :angry:

Yet again you have a point to make, so you start a new thread.

First of all, Newton on the left is absolutely outrageous. He can barely play half decent on the right hand side, I dread to think what his chances would be on the left.

Sheehan did ok on Saturday, I think he still needs a bit of time to make the left wing role his own, but there are definitely some promising signs at this moment.

I think he's done well but he's not the long term solution. As a full back he can't defend and as a left sided midfielder he is too slow and can't go past people and, although he is a decent crosser, he isn't good enough to make up for his lack of pace in the same way that players like Beckham and Guppy do. He is an asset from set pieces though.

how can you predict his long term potential, he hasn't played that much... and guppy was crap at tracking back quite regularly

quite frankly - i'm sick of all this sheehan slagging off, everybody has their own favourite/most hated players, why have a thread just to share a tired, battered to death debate - that will be decided only in the fullness of time....

lets lock this bitch of a thread up, NOW!

how can you predict his long term potential, he hasn't played that much... and guppy was crap at tracking back quite regularly

quite frankly - i'm sick of all this sheehan slagging off, everybody has their own favourite/most hated players, why have a thread just to share a tired, battered to death debate - that will be decided only in the fullness of time....

lets lock this gowd damn bitch of a thread up, NOW!

YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:ph34r::shutup: :laugh:

lets lock this bitch of a thread up, NOW!

I think that by the age of 20 you can tell if the potential is there, and personally I haven't seen anything other than that he has a decent shot and can deliver a good set piece.

Sheehan did well against Watford, certainly better than Porter was against Forest on Tuesday. And Newton should be nowhere near the starting line up, he's garbage.

agreed. what the hell is "maddog" on about.......Newton is a waste of space and doesn't look bothered. Kenton & Porter shouldn't play for us again either.

If Sheehan only has his shooting and ability to take free kicks then seeing we hardly scored from midfield and barely took a dozen free kicks of note all last season, I think they are pretty vital qualities and ones we've badly missed since Joey left.

But Sheehan has much more than that. He's a good passer, good support player, far better in the air than Newton/Porter and he's a natural left-footer which comes in handy too.

I've not really wanted to comment much on him lately. I've wanted to see how he reacted to first team football and whether his presence made a difference to the team. I simply wanted him to get a fair chance over a reasonable period to see how he reacted to adversity and different situations.

The fans have been generally positive too and I simply cannot understand why you should be so negative.

Valid points have been made about his speed, defensive positionng, his temperament etc but, so far, I think there's evidence of improvement and I cannot say I've seen any players in the City set up who are without faults.

Statistically in his seven first team games, we've won 4, drawn two and lost one - against Bolton after extra-time. So how anyone can say he's "not good enough" I don't know.

Archived