Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the_don

Radiohead album out October 10th

Is it true that the files are only 160kbps?

If so, that's well stingy - and a bit crap. That would put me off paying for it

Why would that be? They're all of a very good quality - of course, depends on what sound system you're using. Just because the file size's that small doesn't mean the songs are crap.

On my iPod (proper Philips earphones included, not the regular Apple ones), they all sound amazingly intense.

Or am I imagining? :|

Why would that be? They're all of a very good quality - of course, depends on what sound system you're using. Just because the file size's that small doesn't mean the songs are crap.

On my iPod (proper Philips earphones included, not the regular Apple ones), they all sound amazingly intense.

Or am I imagining? :|

I'm sure they sound more than good enough on personal mp3 players, car stereos etc, but on a half decent home audio set up, mp3s ripped at that low a rate sound a bit flat when compared to CD.

If folks are happy with the format it's fair enough, but I'd be a bit p'd off if this method of distribution became the norm and you didn't have the option of buying a CD copy. If you've got the CD you can rip your files at whatever quality level you like

CD should be out in January or February, so it's a bit unfair to slate them. But AGAIN: someone should really make an issue of the mastering. It's generally poor for such a big band, let alone one quite subtle like radiohead. Opening "All I Need" in audacity confirmed it for me.

The details I've seen about a physical release seem a bit vague, but hopefully it will happen.

I keep reading about a lot of new recordings sounding a bit crap because of some sort of messing about with dynamic compression (or something) which makes them louder (so they stand out more on the radio apparently) but sacrifices some of the quality. The Lily Allen album is supposedly particularly bad for it (not that I've heard it enough to notice).

I'd be surprised if Radiohead were doing that, particularly on a recording with no record label involved.

This is getting too technical.

Anyway, I saw Radiohead play in Ainley's and Thom had really shit hair

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived