Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the_don

Radiohead album out October 10th

Wanna, wanna, wanna buy it.

Hey - it's only a week from now! :yahoo:

EDIT: But 40 quid is a hefty price... Especially for the ones among us who have never ever owned an LP player... So if I want to pre-order the box set, I'd have to dish out yet more cash for a utensil I'll probably never use apart from this one time... What a bummer!

Why not simply issue a double-CD box set with booklet and artwork? :(

From what I gather the box set is for "proper" fans...I think Radiohead are a special band, but I'd never really say I'm a fan (ie, I don't buy all the singles, just the albums)...My understanding (from reading various websites, nothing more special than that) is that it'll come out on cd early next year. You can download it of £0.00 if you want to, that's the beauty of picking the price, although I, being a mug, paid for it. Why not download it, see if you love it, and then decide on the discbox after that?

Arguably the most artistically overrated band on the entire planet. Truth.

Well yes any mug could ARGUE they are.

But remember one man's art is another man's guff.

And I don't see how OK Computer (an album approaching perfection) could be considered artistically overrated in any way whatsoever.

I don't see what's difficult to understand, really. I'm claiming they're immensely overrated and that your stating OK Computer is "near perfection" is exactly what I'm talking about.

I'd like to point out at this stage that I don't especially dislike Radiohead, they've got some undeniable classics, but there's a large portion of the music-loving world that seem to have this odd view that everything Thom Yorke touches turns to gold and is unparalleled genius. I just think that's a gross exaggeration.

I don't see what's difficult to understand, really. I'm claiming they're immensely overrated and that your stating OK Computer is "near perfection" is exactly what I'm talking about.

I'd like to point out at this stage that I don't especially dislike Radiohead, they've got some undeniable classics, but there's a large portion of the music-loving world that seem to have this odd view that everything Thom Yorke touches turns to gold and is unparalleled genius. I just think that's a gross exaggeration.

I see.

I guess some albums really hit a chord with me (as I'm sure they do you). They have an impact on you like nothing else, they leave a lasting impression. I think maybe it has something to do with the time you first listen to it, or when you share it with mates, or maybe going mad when you hear it live or even when you just appreciate it lying on your back with your eyes closed.

For me that is artistic beauty. And OK Computer is one of those albums in my view. It sits right up there with Portishead - Dummy (I watched their NYC concert on DVD the other day - probably the most amazing performance I've EVER seen, anywhere. Stunning), Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon amongst certain other albums which I bang on about round these parts.

I'm not saying Radiohead are perfect, just that an album of theirs is approaching perfect. And because of that I personally wouldn't consider them artistically overrated.

A massively loved band that you personally don't like you're always going to see as "overrated".

It's the most useless term in musical discussion whoever you're talking about. It should be censored to "I'm a cock".

well....no. The Libertines? The Arctic Monkeys? Oasis? i love them all but yes they are over rated.

well....no. The Libertines? The Arctic Monkeys? Oasis? i love them all but yes they are over rated.

How fucking blinkered do you want to be? I don't particularly LOVE any of those bands, but you just lost your right to complain. Go and sit in the corner or something.

People like stuff for different reasons. People don't like stuff a lot of people like. People accuse said stuff of being "overrated" because they don't personally see whats so great. It's subjective bollocks whoever you're talking about.

How fucking blinkered do you want to be? I don't particularly LOVE any of those bands, but you just lost your right to complain. Go and sit in the corner or something.

People like stuff for different reasons. People don't like stuff a lot of people like. People accuse said stuff of being "overrated" because they don't personally see whats so great. It's subjective bollocks whoever you're talking about.

well if a band is being called the saviors of rock n roll, the best band since..., the best band in the last billion years... etc when it's a band like Arctic monkeys with 2 albums i think that is kind of overrating a band don't you?

well if a band is being called the saviors of rock n roll, the best band since..., the best band in the last billion years... etc when it's a band like Arctic monkeys with 2 albums i think that is kind of overrating a band don't you?

Not if millions of people genuinely think that!

To be fair I'd quite happily crack one off to OK Computer.

I'll buy it.

It's very cheap :D

Even, FREE!!

I feel kind of guilty putting 0.00 in the price box and only paying 45p for an album!!

wouldn't think nothing of it except the fact they say it's upto you makes me feel a bit guilty!!

but it's gottta be done!! :thumbsup:

What does everyone reckon then?

I only got round to buying Hail to the Thief about 3 months ago (about 3 years late), so unless people think it's brilliant I doubt I'll be rushing round to download it.

The reviews I've seen have been mixed so far, which is hardly surprising. They've come a long way since I saw them play in Ainleys. I'm WELL old

Archived