Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the_don

Radiohead album out October 10th

im disappointed tbh, i much prefer the earlier albums (before Kid A), every one since OK Computer has been a bit too experimental for me, i wish they would release just a pure rock album like Pablo Honey again that was a class album.

As far as people who don't like Kid A or anything after, the new album is still a bit "experimental" (I really hate that word actually) but nowhere near the likes of those albums. It's like something between Amnesiac and The Bends, I'd say. The guitar's mellower than on their more conventional albums, but its definitely there. The rhythm section is better than on any of their albums to date, which compensates for that. It's much better than Hail to the Thief and not a mess like that album is.

It's quite serene but it sounds huge in places.

In fact if they'd made this after OK Computer and then made Amnesiac and then made Kid A, that'd have made a hell of a lot more sense.

If you're undecided have a look for "The Reckoner" and see what you think of that.

As far as people who don't like Kid A or anything after, the new album is still a bit "experimental" (I really hate that word actually) but nowhere near the likes of those albums. It's like something between Amnesiac and The Bends, I'd say. The guitar's mellower than on their more conventional albums, but its definitely there. The rhythm section is better than on any of their albums to date, which compensates for that. It's much better than Hail to the Thief and not a mess like that album is.

It's quite serene but it sounds huge in places.

In fact if they'd made this after OK Computer and then made Amnesiac and then made Kid A, that'd have made a hell of a lot more sense.

If you're undecided have a look for "The Reckoner" and see what you think of that.

I like the sound of it from what you're saying.

Kid A wasn't the easiest of listens and I never really got into it, but I know a lot of people that did and a few that reckon it's their favourite Radiohead album.

At the same time I can understand from their point of view why they do deviate so much from what they used to do, because at least it must be interesting for them. The alternative is to churn out slightly different variations on the same theme every couple of years like Oasis do, who for years have just sounded like they can't be arsed anymore

What?

There's 10.

I got

• 15 Step
  • Bodysnatchers
  • Nude
  • Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
  • All I Need
  • Faust Arp
  • Reckoner

upon downloading and unzipping the file I received... :blink:

Well, seems like I got screwed by the system, then.

*E-Mail to the site owners on the way*

Thats the first 7. You're missing House of Cards, Jigsaw Falling Into Place, and Videotape.

I just found the last three in my ZIP file.

For some reason, they must've slipped through the net while I was transferring the files to my iTunes folder...

Phew.

Archived