Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamite foxes

Tommy Wright

Tommy wright

he would wanna score more and hes better than blake

how can you back-up this. wright has scored only 2 goals in his foxes career and 4 in his total career.

blake has been a player that has scored goals in all his career. he is also a better header of the ball. he has scored goal, so is proven. wright isnt.

but i agree, he is a good prospect. he just needs the experience first. but at the moment blake has to be ahead of wright.

Tommy wright

he would wanna score more and hes better than blake

how can you back-up this. wright has scored only 2 goals in his foxes career and 4 in his total career.

Make that 5 <_<

Blakes had more chances in his career, we have only given Wright 2 starts where he scored one and won a penalty. Since then he aint played. Micky aint been fair to him, this Saturday he wont even be on the bench. Whereas two seasons ago he would of been. Go away Blake.

I hope Blake gets suspended and injured. So Wright gets a chance. He will be better. Blake has never done anything major in his career. Wright ain't been given a chance, he has done something good though and thats score agains the tree's :D

I'm probably not going to make myself very popular with my first post, but here goes... hard hat to the ready....

-------------

Small dose of reality. Here are the facts as I see them...

We LOVE Tommy because:

He's called Oooooh Tommy Wright, ffs! Imagine if a young defender called Steve Walsh came through the ranks... we'd give him the No.5 shirt straight away, before any of us had seen him play, even if he was crap!

He scored the winner against forest. Instant legend. :w00t:

He's a Leicester lad. He supports the club. He'd do anything to play for us.

That's all great, but here are some more facts:

He played something like 18 games for Brentford last season. Scored 3 goals, got dropped towards the end of the season as he wasn't what they were looking for to avoid relegation to Div 3!

Micky and Bassett are not stupid. They see the players day in, day out. If he was good enough right now, he'd be in right now. Simple as that. I'm sure they're not like schoolkids picking their mates for the team! (At least, I hope not :unsure: ). Tommy is just not good enough yet. That doesn't mean we don't all hope like hell he DOES become good enough, and soon, but right now, I'd rather see what was best for the club and team, and that's the best players on the day pulling on the shirts, whether they love the club or not. If that's Nathan Blake, shuffling around and looking uninterested, and popping up to score the winner at a crucial moment, then so be it.

Put it this way - I love the club, I'd work my balls off, I'd kiss my shirt and MEAN it, I would refuse a transfer to Man Utd on 10 times the money, but.... believe me..... you do NOT want me playing up front for City! I'm crap! :o

I'd LOVE to see Tommy doing it up front for City, but let's not get too pissed off with Micky if it's not his time yet. And let's see what Nathan Blake can do. He reminds me of, depending on how you look at it, a poor man's Hartson (but crap in the air) or, on the other end of the scale, a very rich man's Trev... ;)

For all his "disruptive style", Tricky Trev really is lame. We know what he can do now, so perhaps instead of Trev it's time to give Tommy a try as our fourth/fifth choice (depending on whre Morris plays) striker. For everyone's sake, especially his own, Trev should be lured down to Aylestone Meadows and humanely destroyed. :D

I'm probably not going to make myself very popular with my first post, but here goes... hard hat to the ready....

You're right. You're talking absolute sense, which won't make you popular here.

To be popular here you have to live in a fantasy world where real life is like Champ Manager. You have to say Stearman is the best player you've ever seen, despite all you've ever seen of him being against East Bengal in a meaningless friendly where he had nothing to do. You have to be angry with Adams that he starts players who are proven and score goals ahead of Petrescu and Wright. Despite the fact Wright got sent off more times than he scored in the second division last year, if he'd played for us in the Premiership we'd have stayed up. You also have to realise what a joke Adams is and that he's not achieved anything. In Champ Manager I'd won the Premiership after 3 seasons, Adams has got us relegated ffs!!! Useless!

Desert

Who the hell do you think you are coming on and talking sense about Tommy Wright.

It'll it come to no good, mark my words.

Just because he's not good enough isn't enough reason not to play him because he's....... well he's oooooh Tommy Wright isn't he. He's young too. Pick him because he's young. Yes, he supports the club too, he deserves a run out for that.

Desert, you telling the truth is going to cause trouble, you keep your new fangled ideas to yourself in future.

Hi, I'm new here, so hello everyone!

IF Tommy Wright was good enough, then Micky would pick him. The simple fact is, at the present time, he is not good enough. Don't get me wrong, I do think the kid has talent, but he is never going to be world class. Wright will get his chance, but whilst we have the likes of Dublin, Connolly, Blake, it will have to be fleeting appearances. I know I'd rather have proven goalscorers in the team, rather than a promising lad from Leicester, who might come good one day.

Pele, I'm guessing you're about 12?

BTW "improve meant" :wacko:

Guest Guest

Everyone has their opinion and often people get frustrated because the young player that everyone wants to see come through the ranks never does.

Micky Adams sees these players every day, well I imagine so he knows a little bit more about the players than we do, but saying that Micky isn't beyond criticism and he might well be ignoring these youngsters because he isn't prepared to take the gamble unless they are literally buzzing (like Stearman)

When a youngster gets the odd game it's hard to compare them against players that have played 200+ games, and it's also unfair to say they aren't as good as these players just because they haven't this experience. It all comes down to them taking their chance, but for this to happen I feel they need to be given their fair share of chances. Playing Tommy Wright is no more of a gamble than playing Nathan Blake or Benjamin, the problem is managers don't like to gamble if they don't have to and if they do then they tend to stick to their favourite.

Tommy Wright has had a good pre-season, no one has mentioned this. He had a hard time last season, but plenty of young players have gone on loan and not set the world on fire but what helped them was just the experience of playing first team football. Marcus Bent only scored 3 goals in his first full season at Brentford, he moved on and has done pretty well for himself. Just because Wrighty scored 3 goals for Brentford doesn't mean he should be written off, at the start of the season everyone must fight for their chance. Connolly and Dublin are the first choice boys, which is fair and then the rest have to make a name for themselves. If Wright bangs them in for the reserves, then he'll get his chance and so will Blake, Morris or Benji. It's not about who's currently better or more experienced, it's about knuckling down and making Adams take note.

Wright might well be good enough, none of us know at the minute we will only know if he gets his chance and he will only get his chance if he works hard and puts the ball away for the ressies. He's had a steady pre-season scoring 3 or 4 goals (more than Benjamin) and if he continues this then he's good enough.

Yer i am 14 but i have my opinions

i know what im talking about i nearly got in the academy

hes better than blake

blake aint done owt

connely and dublin are better but i would like to see him play more because he can score

and you dont have a clue hullfox

Ah Pele Pele Pele my young muskateer.

Having just looked at some of your 67.3 posts made per day, i'm afraid that I am of the opinion that I have slightly more clue than you.

In fact, I have more clues than then a soon to be winner in the worlds longest running Cluedo game.

Unfortunately however, I do not have have as many clues as you have posts per day so you have me on that one.

Foxing Around, is that who I think it is?

Exactly.... if B)

And we all hope he does. But we don't want to sit around waiting for it to happen. If he's good enough, he'll take his chance when it comes. But with Tommy, the fact remains... if...

Heading into Saturday's opener, who can argue that it's Dublin and Connolly up front, with Blake (proven at this level, whatever anyone says), Morris (proven but constantly injured) and Scowcroft (proven, bless him!) ahead of Tommy (who failed to set Div 2 alight last season) in the pecking order at this stage.

Tommy may be our main striker in two or three year's time, but he ain't yet.

And has anyone persuaded Trev to take that walk along the tow path yet? ;)

You guys make me laugh.... singing his praises without any foundation, and most of you have only ever seen him play a couple of times.

Why is he so good? Whats he done?.... you guys just latch onto petrescus opinions.

Archived