Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamite foxes

Tommy Wright

Guest Guest
Exactly.... if B)

And we all hope he does. But we don't want to sit around waiting for it to happen. If he's good enough, he'll take his chance when it comes. But with Tommy, the fact remains... if...

Heading into Saturday's opener, who can argue that it's Dublin and Connolly up front, with Blake (proven at this level, whatever anyone says), Morris (proven but constantly injured) and Scowcroft (proven, bless him!) ahead of Tommy (who failed to set Div 2 alight last season) in the pecking order at this stage.

Tommy may be our main striker in two or three year's time, but he ain't yet.

And has anyone persuaded Trev to take that walk along the tow path yet? ;)

It's always an if with young players, it should be an if with experienced players aswell, because I don't buy the fact that just because they have played a few hundred games they are automatically good and solid players. Blake might not do the business either, yes he has scored goals at this level a few seasons ago but he's been injured and stagnant. So it's as much as an if with him too, they both need to prove themselves and i'm sure both of them will given the chance.

I've seen Wright about as many times as i've seen Blake and you can't compare them really. But Wright has impressed me and his pre-season shows us that he knows where the net is, forget last season because if you keep going back to that then you might aswell criticise all of our players as most of them under-performed last season.

yer but wright did very well last time at this level

so he can do it again ive got faith in the kid

i like him i hope he gets more starts

Wright had one good game last time against forest and even then he looked a bit raw

Pele the reason you are not the manager is because there are 1 million people or even more with more of an idea than you. If he was good enough Mickey would pick him like he does with Stewart and Heath

Scowcroft is vital to the team as it is very useful to have someone who can head in the midfield he is also a good defender and attacker he is better than Gillespie who has absloutly no confidence and can't cross. Rogers was a funny player because he occasionally showed glimps of class like against Boro and Barca last season but then plys crap i can only assume he was a good trainer

Scoecroft is also a player who takes his proffession very seriously

Now I am not going to argue about who knows more but if you don't get your own way you seem very immature and start abusing people grow up

Guest Guest
You guys make me laugh.... singing his praises without any foundation, and most of you have only ever seen him play a couple of times.

Why is he so good? Whats he done?.... you guys just latch onto petrescus opinions.

Fair point Babylon, but I also think you are over critical of younger players coming through. Fair enough people get over excited about the youth, but everyone likes a home grown player coming through and making it. Wright has done well this pre-season, he also did ok for us in the 02-03 season, he's two years older and he looks like he's beefed up abit too. I am not saying he's amazing, but i'm saying he's a great prospect and deserves a chance if he does well in the reserves this season.

You guys make me laugh.... singing his praises without any foundation, and most of you have only ever seen him play a couple of times.

Why is he so good? Whats he done?.... you guys just latch onto petrescus opinions.

Fair point Babylon, but I also think you are over critical of younger players coming through. Fair enough people get over excited about the youth, but everyone likes a home grown player coming through and making it. Wright has done well this pre-season, he also did ok for us in the 02-03 season, he's two years older and he looks like he's beefed up abit too. I am not saying he's amazing, but i'm saying he's a great prospect and deserves a chance if he does well in the reserves this season.

correct he must earn the right to play by impressing as a sub and in the reserves, he cannot play because his dad was so good

I reallly like Tommy Wright but there is no point saying get him into the team, because it ain't going to happen. He is not as good as Connolly, Dublin and Blake at the minute. Yes I am sure he will try his best for the club, but when you are not experianced at this level it means nothing. Look what at Akinbiyi in the preimiership he tried his best but because he wasn't experianced or good enough for that level he was was garbage.

how is what i said 'overly critical'???? If you want to complain about people being critical you should have a go at the people who slag off benji yet call for Wright to play when he has shown nothing more than benji in either skills or goals. Crazy.

At this stage I don't think Tommy Wright merits a place in the starting line up,regardless of ages MA picks what he thinks is his best team for the job.I don't think he seriously doesn't play certain players because of their age,Blake will be higher in the pecking order because MA thinks he is a better player at he moment,might not be the case in 6 months time.Tommy Wright has time on his side,he's certainly got potential and if he was good enough now I'm sure MA would play him,if he didn't rate him he wouldn't have sent him out on loan to get some expierience,I have a feeling he may well do the same again this year.If Adams had no intention of ever playing Wright in the future I think he would have been part of the exodus at the end of last season.

I'm probably not going to make myself very popular with my first post, but here goes... hard hat to the ready....

-------------

Small dose of reality. Here are the facts as I see them...

We LOVE Tommy because:

He's called Oooooh Tommy Wright, ffs! Imagine if a young defender called Steve Walsh came through the ranks... we'd give him the No.5 shirt straight away, before any of us had seen him play, even if he was crap!

He scored the winner against forest. Instant legend. :w00t:

He's a Leicester lad. He supports the club. He'd do anything to play for us.

That's all great, but here are some more facts:

He played something like 18 games for Brentford last season. Scored 3 goals, got dropped towards the end of the season as he wasn't what they were looking for to avoid relegation to Div 3!

Micky and Bassett are not stupid. They see the players day in, day out. If he was good enough right now, he'd be in right now. Simple as that. I'm sure they're not like schoolkids picking their mates for the team! (At least, I hope not :unsure: ). Tommy is just not good enough yet. That doesn't mean we don't all hope like hell he DOES become good enough, and soon, but right now, I'd rather see what was best for the club and team, and that's the best players on the day pulling on the shirts, whether they love the club or not. If that's Nathan Blake, shuffling around and looking uninterested, and popping up to score the winner at a crucial moment, then so be it.

Put it this way - I love the club, I'd work my balls off, I'd kiss my shirt and MEAN it, I would refuse a transfer to Man Utd on 10 times the money, but.... believe me..... you do NOT want me playing up front for City! I'm crap! :o

I'd LOVE to see Tommy doing it up front for City, but let's not get too pissed off with Micky if it's not his time yet. And let's see what Nathan Blake can do. He reminds me of, depending on how you look at it, a poor man's Hartson (but crap in the air) or, on the other end of the scale, a very rich man's Trev...  ;)

For all his "disruptive style", Tricky Trev really is lame. We know what he can do now, so perhaps instead of Trev it's time to give Tommy a try as our fourth/fifth choice (depending on whre Morris plays) striker. For everyone's sake, especially his own, Trev should be lured down to Aylestone Meadows and humanely destroyed. :D

Well said that man!!!

People are trying to make Wright out to be something he's now.

Please may I remind you all that Benjamin has scored the second most amount of goals behind Dublin in pre season. I aint claiming that he should be starting or anything like that but he'll do a better job than Wright.

Guest Guest
I'm probably not going to make myself very popular with my first post, but here goes... hard hat to the ready....

-------------

We LOVE Tommy because:

He's called Oooooh Tommy Wright, ffs! Imagine if a young defender called Steve Walsh came through the ranks... we'd give him the No.5 shirt straight away, before any of us had seen him play, even if he was crap!

He played something like 18 games for Brentford last season. Scored 3 goals, got dropped towards the end of the season as he wasn't what they were looking for to avoid relegation to Div 3!

Micky and Bassett are not stupid. They see the players day in, day out. If he was good enough right now, he'd be in right now. Simple as that. I'm sure they're not like schoolkids picking their mates for the team! (At least, I hope not :unsure: ). Tommy is just not good enough yet. That doesn't mean we don't all hope like hell he DOES become good enough, and soon, but right now, I'd rather see what was best for the club and team, and that's the best players on the day pulling on the shirts, whether they love the club or not. If that's Nathan Blake, shuffling around and looking uninterested, and popping up to score the winner at a crucial moment, then so be it.

Put it this way - I love the club, I'd work my balls off, I'd kiss my shirt and MEAN it, I would refuse a transfer to Man Utd on 10 times the money, but.... believe me..... you do NOT want me playing up front for City! I'm crap! :o

I'd LOVE to see Tommy doing it up front for City, but let's not get too pissed off with Micky if it's not his time yet. And let's see what Nathan Blake can do. He reminds me of, depending on how you look at it, a poor man's Hartson (but crap in the air) or, on the other end of the scale, a very rich man's Trev...  ;)

For all his "disruptive style", Tricky Trev really is lame. We know what he can do now, so perhaps instead of Trev it's time to give Tommy a try as our fourth/fifth choice (depending on whre Morris plays) striker. For everyone's sake, especially his own, Trev should be lured down to Aylestone Meadows and humanely destroyed. :D

Well said that man!!!

Please may I remind you all that Benjamin has scored the second most amount of goals behind Dublin in pre season. I aint claiming that he should be starting or anything like that but he'll do a better job than Wright.

Wright has scored as many as Benjamin if not more. Benji has got 3 and Wright has got 3 or 4.

Back to Babylon's post, I have read other posts from you and seem to not take on board the youngsters at the club until they do something that makes them better than the current crop of players, which is fair enough but you could argue they need the chance to do this. Wright has had a good pre season, and if he does the business in the reserves he should be given a chance so should any of the other youngsters if they keep impressing in the stiffs. Benji has scored more than Wright, but let's not get stupid here. Benjamin has been pretty awful for us, he's had so many chances in a Leicester shirt mainly under Taylor and he was awful. He has slightly improved, but I doubt Wright would ever get as many chances as Benjamin has done if he didn't impress like Trev has.

Anyway the point is, let's not slag Wright off or give him a reach round. He's young and talented, let's have this debate when he gets a few games for us this season.

-------------

We LOVE Tommy because:

Well said that man!!!

Wright has scored as many as Benjamin if not more. Benji has got 3 and Wright has got 3 or 4.

Back to Babylon's post, I have read other posts from you and seem to not take on board the youngsters at the club until they do something that makes them better than the current crop of players, which is fair enough but you could argue they need the chance to do this. Wright has had a good pre season, and if he does the business in the reserves he should be given a chance so should any of the other youngsters if they keep impressing in the stiffs. Benji has scored more than Wright, but let's not get stupid here. Benjamin has been pretty awful for us, he's had so many chances in a Leicester shirt mainly under Taylor and he was awful. He has slightly improved, but I doubt Wright would ever get as many chances as Benjamin has done if he didn't impress like Trev has.

Anyway the point is, let's not slag Wright off or give him a reach round. He's young and talented, let's have this debate when he gets a few games for us this season.

Find where i have been critical... i would really love you to show me what i'm suppose to of said because i think you are making it up mate. Back up your comment about me or take it back because you are wrong!!! I have not been critical about youth players.... just the people on here who think because they are under 24 they should automatically play ahead of a quality 32/33 year old.

All i have ever said is that why try someone for the sake of it, you cannot use the excuse that you dont know until you give them a try!! I dont know how good you are but it doesnt mean i want MA to play you against west ham so i can find out!!!!

If someone produces the goods for youth put them in the reserves, if they produce the goods for the reserves put them on the bench, if they take their chances as a sub let them start. Thats the way it should be, and from what your saying you agree with that.

Guest Guest

-------------

We LOVE Tommy because:

Well said that man!!!

Find where i have been critical... i would really love you to show me what i'm suppose to of said because i think you are making it up mate. Back up your comment about me or take it back because you are wrong!!! I have not been critical about youth players.... just the people on here who think because they are under 24 they should automatically play ahead of a quality 32/33 year old.

All i have ever said is that why try someone for the sake of it, you cannot use the excuse that you dont know until you give them a try!! I dont know how good you are but it doesnt mean i want MA to play you against west ham so i can find out!!!!

If someone produces the goods for youth put them in the reserves, if they produce the goods for the reserves put them on the bench, if they take their chances as a sub let them start. Thats the way it should be, and from what your saying you agree with that.

I do agree with the last part of your post, infact I agree with almost everything you have said. But many moons ago I remember some of your posts on another forum that inclined that you were abit suspect of the academy players, but then again I can see your point.

It's a catch twenty two situation with these youngsters, it's damn hard for them to break through and it's damn hard for them to get the experience to convince people they are less of a gamble than the current players they have in the squad.

My view is that every footballer starts out as a youngster in an academy and if they have got the natural talent and produce this at youth and reserve level then they should be given enough chances to prove they can make it with their club. I find that the better youngsters are as much of a gamble as footballers that haven't produced their best form for a number of seasons, why should they be chosen over a talented youngster because they have more experience and because they once produced some good displays many years ago. At Leicester I feel that we don't tend to be eager to chance our arm with youngsters like West Ham did under Redknapp and Leeds under O'Leary. With us being like this I find that our best prospects won't be given as many chances as say a signing would be given even if they put in plenty of poor performances. Take for example Banjamin or Akinbiyi or even Curtis or Rogers, they have been truely awful for us time and time again yet because they have so called experience and were bought by the managers they are given game after game to prove themselves, where as a youngster may get a chance and have a shaky time and be deemed not good enough or not ready. Again this is fair enough and they might not be ready, but I feel somewhere down the line us as a club are being too cautious and are not overly eager to producing home grown players.

But Adams is boss and he see's these boys week in, week out and if they were truely awesome I find it hard to believe he would turn a blind eye to them.

Anyway Babylon I do agree with most of your points.

Excuse me Benji has scored 4 Wright has scored 3.

Well said mate. Did anyone see Wright's goal against MK Dons. It was quality. He has definatly got alot of potential to do well.

I saw that Goal, Wicked. You have to have quality to score a goal like that, I don't think 'Bunj' would be able to do it on the training ground let alone in a match.

-------------

We LOVE Tommy because:

Well said that man!!!

I do agree with the last part of your post, infact I agree with almost everything you have said. But many moons ago I remember some of your posts on another forum that inclined that you were abit suspect of the academy players, but then again I can see your point.

It's a catch twenty two situation with these youngsters, it's damn hard for them to break through and it's damn hard for them to get the experience to convince people they are less of a gamble than the current players they have in the squad.

My view is that every footballer starts out as a youngster in an academy and if they have got the natural talent and produce this at youth and reserve level then they should be given enough chances to prove they can make it with their club. I find that the better youngsters are as much of a gamble as footballers that haven't produced their best form for a number of seasons, why should they be chosen over a talented youngster because they have more experience and because they once produced some good displays many years ago. At Leicester I feel that we don't tend to be eager to chance our arm with youngsters like West Ham did under Redknapp and Leeds under O'Leary. With us being like this I find that our best prospects won't be given as many chances as say a signing would be given even if they put in plenty of poor performances. Take for example Banjamin or Akinbiyi or even Curtis or Rogers, they have been truely awful for us time and time again yet because they have so called experience and were bought by the managers they are given game after game to prove themselves, where as a youngster may get a chance and have a shaky time and be deemed not good enough or not ready. Again this is fair enough and they might not be ready, but I feel somewhere down the line us as a club are being too cautious and are not overly eager to producing home grown players.

But Adams is boss and he see's these boys week in, week out and if they were truely awesome I find it hard to believe he would turn a blind eye to them.

Anyway Babylon I do agree with most of your points.

I have never said anything against our youth setup, all i have said is that i trust mickys judgement and if he doesnt want them to play then there is a good reason.

I agree that they should get a chance, but for the last to seasons we have needed to play our strongest team (or the team MA deems to be the strongest) due to being at the top of div one going for promotion or a the bottom of the prem fighting for survival.

i will reply more later but i'm at work and just got caught oooops

Guest Guest

Excuse me Benji has scored 4 Wright has scored 3.

Sorry, you are right.

But doing some research Benjamin has played more pre-season games than Wright and he has started more of the games too. But anyway they have both done well pre-season, I think both could do a job for us this season. Wright more so as he offers us something different.

Well said mate. Did anyone see Wright's goal against MK Dons. It was quality. He has definatly got alot of potential to do well.

I saw that Goal, Wicked. You have to have quality to score a goal like that, I don't think 'Bunj' would be able to do it on the training ground let alone in a match.

err i think you might have forgotten a gal against portsmouth, top of the table clash? what a volley that was.

Archived