Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

tigers could sign betson

BETSEN LOOKS TO JOIN LEICESTER

Thursday 3rd March 2005

France flanker Serge Betsen could be making a move to Leicester Tigers, especially if the Tigers fail to agree a new deal with his England counterpart Lewis Moody.

Betsen, who has earned 46 caps for France, is widely regarded as one of the best flankers in the World and has been to the Walkers Stadium – where Leicester's football and rugby teams are planning to create a new "super stadium" to house both clubs.

The 31-year-old is currently with Biarritz, but according to a newspaper article with Leicester backs coach Pat Howard, he is eager to join Leicester.

"Serge contacted us and he is thinking about making a change," Howard told The Guardian. "Biarritz is a fantastic club but he is looking at other opportunities.

"He posed the question and we invited him to come to the club and have a look.

"We did not get round to discussing terms."

Moody has not re-signed his contract with the Midlands club, but, like Betsen, has to explore every opportunity.

"Leicester has always been my passion and all my mates are here," explained Moody. "You have to look out for yourself because it is such a short career.

"I think the gap between us can be bridged. Any decision to leave Leicester would be incredibly difficult, not one I would like to make in the near future."

could it be the walkers that would persuade him to sign ?

he would be an awesome signing

sorry to the people who have no intrest in this story :ph34r:

Archived