Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

need help with something soon as..............

im lookin to make a forum site sorta from scratch but i can edit html coding that is already made if i wish for my ICT CW. wondering if anyone could help me out with how to make it work. i understand that you use hosting clients on here for this site, but do you do any html editing at all for the site if so your expertise and knowledge would be truly helpful.

cheers PJ

• 2 weeks later...

I swear I've answered this question before for you in another thread :|

Edit: No it was something different. Anyway, with regards to HTML to edit the forum then it is possible but I think that it is mostly used via a WYSIWYG interface so you can just move it around etc. in the admin panel and then the HTML is done automatically.

Then again, if you're in a hurry you could just edit the index.htm(l) and center the banner, or change the banner. Sometimes the WYSIWYG Editor doesn't work as you like so you have to go into the root code and alter it manually.

Saying that though, you say you know HTML so it should be easy :)

Don't know if this should have a seperarate thread but I was just wondering how does the internet work?

Are all the replies on foxestalk stored on a big computer somewhere or are they just floating around in cyberspace?I'm not trying to be funny or anything I just have no idea.

Don't know if this should have a seperarate thread but I was just wondering how does the internet work?

Are all the replies on foxestalk stored on a big computer somewhere or are they just floating around in cyberspace?I'm not trying to be funny or anything I just have no idea.

Stored in a database hosted on a computer somewhere out there. :thumbup:

They're not floating around, they're more organized than that (hard to believe, I know). ;)

Probably on quite a small computer. Most webservers are pretty much normal computers running certain bits of software (like a database or a web server) that are always connected to the internet. You could turn any computer with an internet connection into a website server.

Stored in a database hosted on a computer somewhere out there. :thumbup:

They're not floating around, they're more organized than that (hard to believe, I know). ;)

Probably on quite a small computer. Most webservers are pretty much normal computers running certain bits of software (like a database or a web server) that are always connected to the internet. You could turn any computer with an internet connection into a website server.

Thanks chaps. :thumbup:

Archived