Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

#5 Finnegan Fach.

1. Turbonegro- Ride With Us

considering how popular they are here, this is the first time i have listened to them, i'm not into black metal, tho it's everywhere here. this isn't unlistenable, don't like his voice but it's not dominant, maybe 6/10.

2. The Hellacopters- By The Grace Of God

sounds like more eurorock to me, good energy, listenable, doesn't inspire me tho. 6.5/10.

3. Gluecifer- Brutus

this doesn't have the charm or variation of the previous two, doesn't really interest me. 3/10.

4. Guitar Wolf- Summertime Blues

i never managed to get into GW in spite of trying a few times, this is cool, i guess, but i couldn't listen to it often. 5/10.

5. Teddybears Sthlm- Cobrastyle

sounds like a bontempi in there? i quite like this, doesn't sound like anything else i've ever heard. 8/10.

6. New Bomb Turks- Jukebox Learn

this didn't play on my WMP...n/a

7. Backyard Babies- Shut The fook Up

bland dated metal, v.poor. 1/10.

8. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club- Rise Or Fall

the drums sound really weak on the intro, i guess the fuzz bass compensates a bit: i'm glad the chorus came in as it saved it from getting a very low mark. i think the producer of this shouldn't be allowed in a studio, and i don't hear anything original here 3/10

9. Volbeat- Garden's Tale

er, what's going on here, not only does it not really fit in with the other tracks that well, but it is actually unlistenable. 0/10.

10. The Datsuns- Freeze Sucker

ok, well not a bad start, tho it sounds like the guitarist listens to John Squires too much, don't think the guy's voice is upto this, not the worst track here, but still not one i'd listen to again. 4/10.

11. The D4- Invader Ace

this could be the previous band, i'm afraid 5/10

- the trouble with a lot of the music from this modern rock scene is taht they all use the same guitars, amps and pedals, so you get this generic dirty guitar on a lot of these tracks, sadly it just washes over me... tho, i'm sure some of these bands are terrific live...

thanks for the comp, but over all it's less 'these go to 11' and more 'couldn't god have rested on that day, instead'

As I've said elsewhere, I don't really like them very much - I just really liked the Danish in this song. It's pretty catchy, pretty decent pop-rock song imo. The other songs of theirs I've heard are sung in English as far as I'm aware.

As I've said elsewhere, I don't really like them very much - I just really liked the Danish in this song. It's pretty catchy, pretty decent pop-rock song imo. The other songs of theirs I've heard are sung in English as far as I'm aware.

Try listening to Magtens Korridorer in that case ;) "Picnic (på Kastellet)" especially...

Archived