Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

The best drum n bass album I've heard for ages...

Commix - Call to Mind

It was billed as an album that would have the same impact as the likes of Timeless by Goldie and New Forms by Roni Size. In my opinion it's not THAT good, but those two albums were peerless genre-defining milestones. This is more a landmark.

It's got tinges of older stuff by the likes of 4hero and Photek but also reminds me of the more recent sound from Hospital Records. It's mellow, minimal influenced, tight drum n bass. An excellent sound.

Here's the first tune off the album, see what you think:

Commix - Be True

Commix - Call to Mind

It was billed as an album that would have the same impact as the likes of Timeless by Goldie and New Forms by Roni Size. In my opinion it's not THAT good, but those two albums were peerless genre-defining milestones. This is more a landmark.

It's got tinges of older stuff by the likes of 4hero and Photek but also reminds me of the more recent sound from Hospital Records. It's mellow, minimal influenced, tight drum n bass. An excellent sound.

Here's the first tune off the album, see what you think:

Commix - Be True

WOW that is so good!!

the bass is almost perfect in this

The album is on emusic so might give it a listen

listened to the 2008 version of New forms the other week and it's still an amazing album

dug out loads of old drum n bass cds from my collection the other week Logical Progression, Progression sessions, Planet V and so on some good stuff but Two Pages is one of my favourite albums ever even if you don't like Drum n Bass you can love that album

WOW that is so good!!

the bass is almost perfect in this

The album is on emusic so might give it a listen

listened to the 2008 version of New forms the other week and it's still an amazing album

dug out loads of old drum n bass cds from my collection the other week Logical Progression, Progression sessions, Planet V and so on some good stuff but Two Pages is one of my favourite albums ever even if you don't like Drum n Bass you can love that album

2 Pages is one of all my all time favourite albums of any genre. Should have included one of the tracks in my post in that Album of You thread!

That was fantastic.

Gave it my first listen today. Had heard big things about it from my mate, who unlike me nowadays, keeps well in touch with the latest goings on in the scene. Similar stuff currently being played by the likes of Marcus Intalex, D Bridge and Calibre.

If you sign up to dnbforum.com and search for "Soulution" you can download of couple of Intalex mixes he did on his radio show.

Archived