Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Texting abroad

If i text someone in Australia, and then they reply, would that cost me the same as if was texting someone in the UK, but more expensive for the person texting me from Australia? :blink:

90897[/snapback]

Depends on your carrier. :rolleyes::unsure::huh:

Yes it would well years ago it would, and I doubt it'd change now, Years ago I tried to text one of my Australia cousins, luckly it didn't get through because my phone did't send to Australia, I then looked into how much it would cost and it was alot, dunno how much but it would be alot!

Either phone(On a landline)/e-mail them :thumbup:

Yes it would well years ago it would, and I doubt it'd change now, Years ago I tried to text one of my Australia cousins, luckly it didn't get through because my phone did't send to Australia, I then looked into how much it would cost and it was alot, dunno how much but it would be alot!

90925[/snapback]

If you are calling Aus, my advice is use Skype. This post is not spam but Skype is so cheap to use for overseas calls which I make all the time. ;):thumbup:

90925[/snapback]

If you are calling Aus, my advice is use Skype. This post is not spam but Skype is so cheap to use for overseas calls which I make all the time. ;):thumbup:

90926[/snapback]

I phone Australia about once every 2 weeks to a month, and e-mail my family the rest of the time, I think i'm on BT (My mum pays the bill, does the phone stuff not me! lol)

If it's a UK mobile number (ie. you're texting a mate who's on hols), it'll cost you the same as normal, but they will be charged for receiving it.

Hey Craig,

If your friend has a UK number, it will cost you the same as normal to send to them, and they will not be charged for receiving it. They will only be charged for receiving calls.

If they reply, they will be charged roughtly between 40 and 50p.

Now if they have an Aussie Sim, you will be charged for an International text, and the cost depends on the network you are on, usually between 20 and 40p. Hope this helps.

Hey Craig,

If your friend has a UK number, it will cost you the same as normal to send to them, and they will not be charged for receiving it. They will only be charged for receiving calls.

If they reply, they will be charged roughtly between 40 and 50p.

Now if they have an Aussie Sim, you will be charged for an International text, and the cost depends on the network you are on, usually between 20 and 40p. Hope this helps.

91150[/snapback]

Cheers, hopefully she won't get an Aussie sim, cos that's going to cost me a bomb if she does <_<

Archived