Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

James Vaughan - Youngest Ever Premiership Scorer

The hosts took their foot off the pedal having secured a comfortable cushion, and the next moment to get the crowd of their feet came on 74 minutes when Vaughan - aged just 16 years and 271 days - came on for Gary Naysmith.

With Palace stretched at the back in search of a route back into the game there was an air of inevitably about the identity of the scorer of Everton's fourth.

Kilbane received Martyn's throw-out and after exchanging passes with Osman raced to the by-line to pull back for Vaughan who slotted home confidently to establish himself as the youngest-ever Premiership goalscorer, and also Everton's youngest-ever scorer - eclipsing the records of James Milner and a certain Wayne Rooney.

"James has been training with us and will be added to what we have got," said Moyes.

"He has been on the bench a couple of times and he has made terrific progress in the last six months.

"He is now just getting into the England Under-17 team. I don't think I would have any worries about his temperament.

"He looks as though he enjoys his football. He is enjoying his step up just now and that is what we want.

"There are plenty of opportunities for young players at Everton and if they are good enough we will put them in nice and early."

Wouldnt it be nice if that was how things worked here? :angry:

"James has been training with us and will be added to what we have got," said Moyes.

"He has been on the bench a couple of times and he has made terrific progress in the last six months.

"He is now just getting into the England Under-17 team. I don't think I would have any worries about his temperament.

"He looks as though he enjoys his football. He is enjoying his step up just now and that is what we want.

"There are plenty of opportunities for young players at Everton and if they are good enough we will put them in nice and early."

90993[/snapback]

Well I suppose if we were 4th in the league, winning a game 3-0 and guaranteed a playoff spot it might have happened - a few too many ifs there ;)

90993[/snapback]

Well I suppose if we were 4th in the league, winning a game 3-0 and guaranteed a playoff spot it might have happened - a few too many ifs there ;)

91039[/snapback]

Yeah but to be fair we're almost safe (Wouldn't say we're definetly safe but can't really see us going down now) so what have we really got to lose, we're not playing to win anything and we're not playing to lose anything. Gotta say i'm really impressed with Stearman though, but if there are better lads in the reserves then i'm quite excited by that prospect!

90993[/snapback]

91039[/snapback]

Yeah but to be fair we're almost safe (Wouldn't say we're definetly safe but can't really see us going down now) so what have we really got to lose, we're not playing to win anything and we're not playing to lose anything. Gotta say i'm really impressed with Stearman though, but if there are better lads in the reserves then i'm quite excited by that prospect!

91053[/snapback]

It wont look quite so rosy if we lose to Wigan and Brighton beat Burnley and Watford beat Rotherham, not ot mention Crewe maybe beating Gillingham, not impossible by any strech of the imagination :o

Archived