Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knighton Matt

glastonbury

not that impressed by the headliners...

coldplay - good band but getting a bit bored of them now especially the hype they get and all their 'tribute' bands like embrace, athlete etc that are on the scene.

white stripes - one of the most boring and overrated bands ever along with the strokes?

kylie - hmm. words fail me.

Thats because no one cares about the line-up. ;) I agree there is far too much mediocre indie on the line up but I will put up a bit of a defence.

In temrs of 'alternative music' you need look no further than the farm. It has the best dance line up of all the non dance only festivals with an amazing set of electronic/techno acts. Including one of my personal favorites, Squarepusher.

There is lots of real indie as opossed mainstreamdie such as the Kaiser Chiefs, Keane et.al. For example a band from Cambridge that i know from Cambrdige called The Broken Family band are a fine folk/indie fusion band with very ammusing lyrics. They would not be booked at any other festival.

The John Peel Stage, whilst being a patchy in terms of quality, has some really excitting new acts. It is at least as good as the Carling tent at Reading and far superior to what V has to offer.

The world best ever songwriter is also performing on the main stage. Thats Brian Wilson for those of you wondering. Download Pet Sounds if you are as yet uneducated. ;)

Not that all of this matters, I will be spending very little time at the main two stages. There is soo much to do and see at the Festival that the line up scarcely matters. Hence why the tickets sell out before it is announced.

Its supposed to be a festival that appeals to the masses. It does what it says on the tin. If like me you you like Razorlight, BSP, KOL, Futureheads, White Stripes, Coldplay, Al Green, Brian Wilson and are happy to be associated with the mainstream (if indeed it is) then Glasto is the festival for you.

Just as Download doesn't want to appeal to people that like Indie, Glasto shouldn't and won't appeal to people that like only the kind of music you do Mr Chainsaw.

Thus, it is anything but pointless because the whole concept of the music you prefer is to appeal to those people that feel they are alienated by the majority of society. Therefore if Download or another proper ROCK festival became bigger or more popular than Glastonbury you would hate it and would probably decide you liked bands/music that were away from the mainstream again.

Plus, as you have never been (I am guessing on this), its kind of hard to say its pointless having no experience of it.

not that impressed by the headliners...

coldplay - good band but getting a bit bored of them now especially the hype they get and all their 'tribute' bands like embrace, athlete etc that are on the scene.

white stripes - one of the most boring and overrated bands ever along with the strokes?

kylie - hmm. words fail me.

91722[/snapback]

Coldplay - :blink: WTF Coldplay are amazing, I know alot of people will disagree with my "amazing" comment though, but there probably my favorite band, really looking forward to there new album, and Steve Lamacq has the first play of there new single sometime next week :thumbup:

White Stripes - Like them, good band, how can you compare them to the strokes? The white stripes have much more quality than the strokes.

Kylie - Glastonbury? :unsure: Is she at the right festival? :unsure: Oh well something easy on the eye I spose :thumbup:

Archived