Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Weird Belgiums!

Just read this on a site I go on!

Bad news for Blockbuster - as of December 1st, it will be illegal for Belgian gamers to rent videogames.

Some unfortunate news for Belgian gamers on a budget has emerged today, as game rentals in the European country will no longer be tolerated any longer as of December 1st.

Rentals have always been illegal in Belgium, though they have been tolerated up until now. Game developers and publishers will no doubt be happy with this news, as they previously made no profits from rentals. However, it's entirely possible that the law will lead to an increase in sales of preowned games (also damaging to publishers).

So Belgian readers, will the reinforcement of this law affect your gaming habits in any way? Let us know in the comments.

Really hope it never happens here!

Can't remember the last time I rented a game. Probably cos I like games that have a long storyline and plenty of long term gameplay.

I don't either... but still making it illeagal... seems weird to me!

All the big name games i just out right buy.

I do rent alot though for games i'm unsure about.

Why not Belgians? lol

I was torn between Belgiums and Belgiummy?

Belgiums looked better though! lol

Archived