Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
barmy76uk

Odhiambo back at Leicester

King got the nod because Pearson probably feels he is more ready for first team football than Odhiambo. Not once have I said that we should keep him. If you can show me where I've said that then fair play, if anything I've said that Odhiambo has NO future here. Read my posts.

Although, if I'm honest, I'd rather see Odhiambo in the lineup thatn Dickov, who has done bugger all since returning.

Dickov might have been mediocre since his arrival here but that doesn't mean we should turn to someone else who's done little or nothing, match-wise, to warrant a call-up.

Before Odhiambo can make any career statement he needs to play games which means he needs to be loaned to someone who's prepared to play him. And there is a major stumbling block. There seems to be no natural progression any more.

Apart from, maybe, Chambers you rarely hear mention of anyone really knocking on the first team door any more. Nor do you hear much about our reserves.

The change seems quite alarming really. From eight genuine squad players emerging over three years (Stearman, Wesolowski, Logan, Sheehan, Mattock, Porter, Andy King and Gradel) to quite possibly none this year or next, cos I don't count the odd meaningless cup game or League fixture that might not matter when the time comes.

Are teams like Leicester obliged to maintain Reserves and Academy teams? And if so, what is their purpose if we carry on like this?

Someone please convince me. Cos I used to love watching the Reserves and Academy matches to see some exciting football (we didn't get much pre-Pearson) and whoever might be coming through to the senior ranks.

Now it's like the electricity's been cut and the conveyor belt has ground to a halt.

The change seems quite alarming really. From eight genuine squad players emerging over three years (Stearman, Wesolowski, Logan, Sheehan, Mattock, Porter, Andy King and Gradel) to quite possibly none this year or next, cos I don't count the odd meaningless cup game or League fixture that might not matter when the time comes.

Are teams like Leicester obliged to maintain Reserves and Academy teams? And if so, what is their purpose if we carry on like this?

Someone please convince me. Cos I used to love watching the Reserves and Academy matches to see some exciting football (we didn't get much pre-Pearson) and whoever might be coming through to the senior ranks.

Now it's like the electricity's been cut and the conveyor belt has ground to a halt.

I'll tell you what the difference is.... Alan Hill.

All the players that have come through were mostly brought in at a young age during Alan Hill's tenure at the club. The same Hill who when at Leeds found the Woodgates, Bowyers, Smiths and Kewells that came through together in their youth setup.

Prior to this current batch we really have never been very successful with bringing through youngsters. I don't think it's coincidence they have now all come through within a few years of each other.

Heck it was Alan that invited thracians favourite Steve Beaglehole to join us.

I'll tell you what the difference is.... Alan Hill.

All the players that have come through were mostly brought in at a young age during Alan Hill's tenure at the club. The same Hill who when at Leeds found the Woodgates, Bowyers, Smiths and Kewells that came through together in their youth setup.

Prior to this current batch we really have never been very successful with bringing through youngsters. I don't think it's coincidence they have now all come through within a few years of each other.

Heck it was Alan that invited thracians favourite Steve Beaglehole to join us.

Interesting theory.

Dickov might have been mediocre since his arrival here but that doesn't mean we should turn to someone else who's done little or nothing, match-wise, to warrant a call-up.

Before Odhiambo can make any career statement he needs to play games which means he needs to be loaned to someone who's prepared to play him. And there is a major stumbling block. There seems to be no natural progression any more.

That sentence was more to reflect my attitude towards Dickov and his form since returning, than actually saying throw Odhiambo into the mix. :thumbup:

I agree with the point about him being loaned to someone willing to take a risk on him and give him games though.

Archived