Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
barmy76uk

Odhiambo back at Leicester

Obviously not good enough?

1 sub appearance for Brentford,not good enough,and after not even scoring in the spl i can see him in the Anstey Nomads team next season!

Don't talk rubbish!

OK he may not be good enough for a career at city but give the guy a break. He's what? 19, not exactly past it!

Obviously not good enough?

1 sub appearance for Brentford,not good enough,and after not even scoring in the spl i can see him in the Anstey Nomads team next season!

I tend to agree!

Idiots like Daggers and Thracian will disagree just as they did with Porter and Dodds but hey, people still say they have the most football knowledge on this forum! Whatever!

I like Eric and thought he did vey well in his youth days but he just looks too lightweight and simply not good enough for the League 1/2 level.

I think like Stuart Wilson did, Levi and Eric and will eventually fall into non-league football!

I tend to agree!

Idiots like Daggers and Thracian will disagree just as they did with Porter and Dodds but hey, people still say they have the most football knowledge on this forum! Whatever!

I like Eric and thought he did vey well in his youth days but he just looks too lightweight and simply not good enough for the League 1/2 level.

I think like Stuart Wilson did, Levi and Eric and will eventually fall into non-league football!

a) All I ever championed for Dodds was that he be given a chance when every other striker was drawing blanks and we were turning to the likes of Horsfield and Cadamarteri. I don't regret taking that stance one bit.

b) Porter was a good player last I saw and there are lots more than just myself and Daggers who think so.

c) When have I ever claimed Odhiambo was first team material?

Not that Brentford's attitude impresses me. Did I not say when he moved and, on at least one occasion on this forum previously, that Odhiambo NEVER looks good first time out.

I don't know him personally but he seems like one of those people who need to feel comfortable in a team before he does well. He was certainly like that in the Reserves.

But see Odhiambo play where there's good players around him and when he's familiar with their style and he's a different lad altogether. Quick, skillful and dangerous.

That said I do have my doubts about his physical presence. Porter, for all his lack of inches, always looks much more assured and resilient to me.

Odhiambo is a clever footballer who has a good attitude but he's fast running out of opportunities. He really needs to toughen up and be more assertive.

Hasn't he already won international honours for Tanzania? Wish I was a Tanzanian international...

If he is a Tanzanian International it hardly puts him in the ranks of a decent Blue Square player. I have been to Tz several times & half the poor buggers have got polio!!

I don't really think that Odihambo has a future here, he's been farmed out so many times, but how can anyone slate him on the back of a few pre-saeson appearances, in which I thought he looked like he could be a handy player, is beyond me.

Also, has he ever been given a consistent and meaningful run of games at anywhere he's been loaned to? I think not. Could be because he's not good enough, it could be because managers are simply afraid to shake up their team with a loan signing, or it could just be that he has been taken to places as back up.

You can't be part of a side that wins a competition crowning you arguably the best young side in the country without having something about you.

Err, and he's 19. No one is the finished product at 19.

I don't really think that Odihambo has a future here, he's been farmed out so many times, but how can anyone slate him on the back of a few pre-saeson appearances, in which I thought he looked like he could be a handy player, is beyond me.

Also, has he ever been given a consistent and meaningful run of games at anywhere he's been loaned to? I think not. Could be because he's not good enough, it could be because managers are simply afraid to shake up their team with a loan signing, or it could just be that he has been taken to places as back up.

You can't be part of a side that wins a competition crowning you arguably the best young side in the country without having something about you.

I was on the decline as a 19 yr old......and goalkeepers are meant to mature late :crylaugh:

I will be.

Due to there being no reserve team. City for the past 3 years have been trying to push the youngsters out on loan. Odihambo in that awful circumstance like Dodds was where he's too old for the youngsters, no reserve team and no chance of breaking through.

Archived