Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Hobbs Rises From Tunchev's Shadow

Leicester City 4-2 Huddersfield Town

24 January 2009

Jack Hobbs won his third man of the match award of the season (and his first since August) after being voted City's best player by the fans present at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday. Hobbs was one of three defenders who grabbed a goal and it was fellow goalscorer Bruno Berner whose impressive performance saw him finish narrowly in second to the loanee from Liverpool. Ever a handful striker Steve Howard made the top three again and even eclipsed his goalscoring partner Matty Fryatt in doing so.

Kerrea Gilbert's 45 minutes of action are ones that he will want to forget as the votes of the fans appear to make Pearson justified in his decision to substitute him at half time. Lloyd Dyer failed to improve on his recent poor streak but will be relieved that he was not the worst player on the pitch against Huddersfield.

Full results below:

Player Awards:

Man of the Match: Jack Hobbs – 7.47

Flop of the Match: Kerrea Gilbert – 5.42

Best Defender: Jack Hobbs – 7.47

Best Midfielder: Bruno Berner – 7.31

Best Striker: Steve Howard – 7.10

Full Ratings:

1. Jack Hobbs – 7.47

2. Bruno Berner – 7.31

3. Steve Howard – 7.10

4. Michael Morrison – 7.06

5. Matt Oakley – 7.03

6. David Martin – 6.88

7. Joe Mattock – 6.69

8. Tom Cleverley – 6.63

9. Matty Fryatt – 6.46

10. Andy King – 6.12

11. Lloyd Dyer – 5.85

12. Kerrea Gilbert – 5.42

Voter Awards:

Top/Fairest Voters:

oxfoxile / Leigh & Laura / Fox You Forest / backinthebigtime / SkipperFox / billy

Most Generous Voter:

1st – wiggyfox – 7.83

2nd – Samyeah! – 7.75

3rd – Joeyb / Braunstone Fox – 7.50

Harshest Voter:

1st – newtonfox – 5.00

2nd – homer – 5.50

3rd – beaumontfox – 5.75

(Anonymous voters are not included in the voter awards)

Total Votes: 118

Great work Sheff fox.

Nice too see you keep doing it.

Can i just ask how the website is progressing?

The problem is that I wasn't asked until the very last minute to do it this season and although I had decided to start it up again, what is up there now is the product of very quick work to get something ready before the season started.

In terms of the full version of the site, probably looking at next season to be honest as I don't really have the time in between setting it up for each game in my free evenings to work on it. I've taken everyone's ideas on board though and hopefully next season it will be more than just one page :whistle:

The problem is that I wasn't asked until the very last minute to do it this season and although I had decided to start it up again, what is up there now is the product of very quick work to get something ready before the season started.

In terms of the full version of the site, probably looking at next season to be honest as I don't really have the time in between setting it up for each game in my free evenings to work on it. I've taken everyone's ideas on board though and hopefully next season it will be more than just one page :whistle:

No worries pal, no worries i just remember you saying you were improving it and just wondered how it was going. If you need a hand and ask someone like DB11 or Daggers they may be able to help.

Archived