Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Foxestalk Rules

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?act=boardrules

Some people need to read certain sections of this. If you are still unable to post under these rules then i'm afraid your time on this forum is up whether you've posted over 1000 posts or 1 or 2. I dont enjoy reading abuse to other members on a forum i set up and pay for myself and many others dont either. Some members have been driven away by this, so all i can say is - Sort yourselves out. I cant allow it to go on like this, i want this forum to have a good future and for that to happen some things need to stop, now.

Some people need to read certain sections of this. If you are still unable to post under these rules (especially rule 1) then i'm afraid your time on this forum is up whether you've posted over 1000 posts or 1 or 2. Do you think i enjoy reading abuse to other members on a forum i set up and pay for myself so we could discuss LCFC? I dont, and many others dont, some have been driven away, by certain members of this forum, so all i can say is. sort yourselves out. I cant allow it to go on like this, i want this forum to have a good future and for that to happen some things need to stop, now.

Maybe if there wasn't, an over emphasis on the number of posts people put out, the quality might improve. I don't believe that the number of posts you make should bestow upon you the label of advance, vip etc member. Apologies if I have this wrong.

It takes very little to sit at your pc and and pump out mindless drivel and insults. Quality not Quantity should be the measure, if that can't be done then lets not give these labels to people.

Edited to remove some mindless drivel :D

Some people need to read certain sections of this. If you are still unable to post under these rules (especially rule 1) then i'm afraid your time on this forum is up whether you've posted over 1000 posts or 1 or 2. Do you think i enjoy reading abuse to other members on a forum i set up and pay for myself so we could discuss LCFC? I dont, and many others dont, some have been driven away, by certain members of this forum, so all i can say is. sort yourselves out. I cant allow it to go on like this, i want this forum to have a good future and for that to happen some things need to stop, now.

Maybe if there wasn't, an over emphasis on the number of posts people put out, the quality might improve. I don't believe that the number of posts you make should bestow upon you the label of advance, vip etc member. Apologies if I have this wrong.

It takes very little to sit at your pc and and pump out mindless drivel and insults. Quality not Quantity should be the measure, if that can't be done then lets not give these labels to people.

Edited to remove some mindless drivel :D

Thats an excellent point actually... i'd never thought about it like that.

I thought it was a good feature to have. I can change the names of the user titles when they get a certain post number if anyone has any different ideas.

Just leave it mate, people will still talk crap whether they can see it or not to be honest. I dont think removing it will make a dramatic difference.

I thought it was a good feature to have. I can change the names of the user titles when they get a certain post number if anyone has any different ideas.

Hi Petrescu, it wasn't meant as a critisism of the board owners and admin, it's just that this sort of idea will always attract the wrong people. I don't believe you should change it, it certainly wont affect me personally as I try to post when I have something I believe is interesting to say, sometimes even that can be perceived as boring to some, bit like this reply.

You're doing a great job let's just hope the message gets through and over time the quality improves naturally. Those that do post quality, and they out number the drivel must continue to do so and raise/set the standard.

I think it's a shame the way things go sometimes.

It can get very schoolboyish and people think they can get away with calling other posters then apologising all of the time. It detracts from the excellent job that you guys have done.

Differing opinions are what a forum should thrive upon and when people oppose your view you should be able to either accept their viewpoint and change your own, try and change their mind with constructive points or agree to differ.

Seems that insults are the only tool that some people possess though.

It's a shame Petrescu has had to emphasise these rules. This forum has great potential with the excellent set up it has. It's been an amazing success so far with nearly 200 members registered, and over 10,000 messages posted in such a short space of time.

We're all Leicester City fans and it saddens me to see the abuse which is dished out to fellow members. There are some fantastic posters on here, who contribute significantly to the forum with their well though out, and constructive posts.

Petrescu has worked extremely hard to try and make this a success, but recent threads have degenerated in to a farce - This will put off potential supporters who might have thought about registering, but fearful of the abuse he or she may receive if their opinions differ.

Guest Guest

i have thought about registering but when i see some of the things posted on here i don't think i'll bother. :(

i've been reading these boards since just after they were set up and tbh the hypocrisy by certain individuals who are taking the morale high ground is too much for me. :angry:

not just that but i think some people become 'tunnel-visioned' about LCFC.

i prefer boards where all fans can come together and talk about football and so i'll be using them more than ones about one club in particular.

Guest Daniel
certain individuals

I have apoligised and tried to make up for my actions with getting on with people and people gave accepted my apoligie and were all trying to get on so we need people joining and not being put off by the past.

Jump in the boat and register pal. ;)

Archived