Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

New Bands You'd Recommend

The Lionheart Brothers - so far i've only heard the 'dizzy kiss' album - just very good pop, kinda 60s, kinda jazzy - and great musicianship.... oh, and they can actually write SONGS!

and they play guitars :thumbup: just in case people thought it was another of me twee, doo-woopy wilsonesque indie bands

The Lionheart Brothers - so far i've only heard the 'dizzy kiss' album - just very good pop, kinda 60s, kinda jazzy - and great musicianship.... oh, and they can actually write SONGS!

and they play guitars :thumbup: just in case people thought it was another of me twee, doo-woopy wilsonesque indie bands

I've heard a few bits and bobs and im down with this reccomendation. I'll give them a bigger listen, cheers Valerenga.

I've heard a few bits and bobs and im down with this reccomendation. I'll give them a bigger listen, cheers Valerenga.

i'm trying to 'source' their earlier stuff... apparently they feature a couple of members of serena maneesh :dunno: who i saw live and were a bit hard work?

could we widen this out to simply bands you would recommend?

oli brown - a young blues guitarist, extremely good

protest the hero - not really that new but quite unheard of here, some heavy riffs along with several melodic areas, very good

fell silent - if you like tech metal or hardcore you'll like this band

I'd recommend these lot too. Read about them in Kerrang a few weeks ago, listened to them, and liked them :).

Nixa.

They friend-requested me on MySpace. Usually sceptical about adding such bands - but I checked their profile out as well as their songs and was impressed by both.

I'd recommend them to anyone who likes Foo Fighters/Biffy Clyro/YouMeAtSix and many more :).

i'm trying to 'source' their earlier stuff... apparently they feature a couple of members of serena maneesh :dunno: who i saw live and were a bit hard work?

That was what drove me to check them out too actually having liked a bit of Serena Maneesh in the past.

S.Y.N.K.R.O - dubstep along the lines of the bombed out garage Burial play. Sexy tunes
I trust hairy. These will be followed up.

Hmm. Well I downloaded an album by Synkro called Synkro. Maybe the lack of full stops means they're a completely different group. What I'm listening to now is full on, quite dark, drum n bass. It's good but not at all what I was expecting!

Archived