Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leftsideoverhere

STH but can't get to the Barnsley game

So having shelled out on season tickets for the first time in my life, my mum (bless her) has bought the whole family tickets for a thing in Buxton on the 22nd August, which means we won't be able to go to the Barnsley game. Can we sell our vouchers for this game back to the club? Or to someone else on here? Or do we just have to put up with paying for a game we can't get to see? I know this is probably an obvious question for regular STHs but I can't find an answer anywhere in the paperwork with the season ticket. Ta.

So having shelled out on season tickets for the first time in my life, my mum (bless her) has bought the whole family tickets for a thing in Buxton on the 22nd August, which means we won't be able to go to the Barnsley game. Can we sell our vouchers for this game back to the club? Or to someone else on here? Or do we just have to put up with paying for a game we can't get to see? I know this is probably an obvious question for regular STHs but I can't find an answer anywhere in the paperwork with the season ticket. Ta.

You can't sell them back to the club although I do believe some clubs have a system where you can sell them to fellow fans through the club.

Your best bet is to try to sell them on here, bear in mind though you can't just hand over the voucher because in theory you're supposed to present the whole ST booklet when entering the ground so you will need to find a way to temporarily hand the book over so make sure it's someone you trust and is reliable.

Failing that tell your mum it will cost her the price of the tickets to attend the Buxton event :P

Technically you can't sell the tickets, or even hand them over, however if you let the ticket office know that you are allowing a friend or relative to use the tickets, then they are usually ok with it.

Technically you can't sell the tickets, or even hand them over, however if you let the ticket office know that you are allowing a friend or relative to use the tickets, then they are usually ok with it.

OK, thanks. In that case, do any of my friends or relatives on here want to make use of one adult and one child season ticket in the Kop for the Barnsley game?

In all the years Ive been going to Filbo/the WS I never knew you were supposed to tell them!! If Ive ever not been able to go to a game Ive just given my tickets to friends or family without a second thought! Im quite shocked lol Luckily no ones ever said anything to date.

I always miss this fixture every year due to the yearly holiday. My Dad always sells the tickets (3 of them) for about £20 to someone he knows. When finished they send them back.

I wouldn't bother with the ticket office as they will just get involved and confuse everything. Besides we have never once told them about other people using them.

OK, thanks. In that case, do any of my friends or relatives on here want to make use of one adult and one child season ticket in the Kop for the Barnsley game?

Already going, appreciate the offer though.

Lots of love

davieG ( your 234th cousin 12th removed :P )

In all the years Ive been going to Filbo/the WS I never knew you were supposed to tell them!! If Ive ever not been able to go to a game Ive just given my tickets to friends or family without a second thought! Im quite shocked lol Luckily no ones ever said anything to date.

I've always read the small print. :thumbup:

I always miss this fixture every year due to the yearly holiday. My Dad always sells the tickets (3 of them) for about £20 to someone he knows. When finished they send them back.

I wouldn't bother with the ticket office as they will just get involved and confuse everything. Besides we have never once told them about other people using them.

That's ok, as long as the person who uses the ticket behaves themselves, but if they were ejected then you would have to serve a 3 match ban as well as the person ejected.

Ahh thats the legal brain in you! lol

I never read the small print on anything :o Maybe I should start :)

Sadly, I did it before starting the law degree, but if I actually think about things, I had an interest in law for a very long time!! I used to love Crown Court as a child! lol

Ahhhhhhhh, that is so unbelivable because I am also a STH but cannot make this game due to work commitments <_<

Was looking forward to the return of Hume as well, but i'm not that dissapointed as we are going to Sheffield United away.

That's ok, as long as the person who uses the ticket behaves themselves, but if they were ejected then you would have to serve a 3 match ban as well as the person ejected.

I couldn't make a game so I gave my tickets to my dry cleaner as thanks for giving me a healthy discount. He said he was going to take "his lad" and I thought nothing more of it . Turned up to the next game and settled down in our West Stand seats and got a few filthy looks from some of my neighbours. Apparently his "lad"was 17 and spent much of the game singing at the top of his voice, standing up and effing and blinding. :D We're not used to such uncouth behaviour in the library but I think I've been forgiven now. Had I picked up a 3 match ban for his lads behaviour I wouldn't have been best pleased. Might have got a year's free dry cleaning though.

I couldn't make a game so I gave my tickets to my dry cleaner as thanks for giving me a healthy discount. He said he was going to take "his lad" and I thought nothing more of it . Turned up to the next game and settled down in our West Stand seats and got a few filthy looks from some of my neighbours. Apparently his "lad"was 17 and spent much of the game singing at the top of his voice, standing up and effing and blinding. :D We're not used to such uncouth behaviour in the library but I think I've been forgiven now. Had I picked up a 3 match ban for his lads behaviour I wouldn't have been best pleased. Might have got a year's free dry cleaning though.

lol

This is why I haven't missed a home game for years!!

Ahhhhhhhh, that is so unbelivable because I am also a STH but cannot make this game due to work commitments <_<

Was looking forward to the return of Hume as well, but i'm not that dissapointed as we are going to Sheffield United away.

That is absolutely unbelievable, fvck me.

Archived