Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muz

Filbert Street or Walkers Stadium?

Filbert Street or Walkers Stadium?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Filbert Street or Walkers Stadium?

• We should have built up on Filbert Street!
    • The move to the Walkers was the right thing to do!

I was just thinking last night Filbert Street had loads more character and atmosphere than the Walkers Stadium!

Personally i think we should have built 2 new stands at Filbo the Family stand and the away stand the Double decker and the Carling stand (Wher i used to sit) were adequate!

I just think that Filbert Street made more noise and it had an all around better atmosphere!

There was no way we could of built on Filbert Street so moving to a new stadium was always going to happen. The Walkers Stadium has greatly improved the club profiles and has had countless benefits commercially.

However just thinking about Filbo gives me that funny feeling in my stomach, it had so much character and created a superb atmosphere. I, like everyone here I'm sure, have some great memories at Filbert Street but the more time goes on the more good memories I'm collect from the Walkers.

i would like to be back at filbo, cos of all the atmosphere, and it felt like our ground, the walkers is a bit like a franchise.

there's pride park, riverside, saint marys all the same.

we could of built upon filbo though, it just would of cost a bit more money. we would have had to buy all the houses on walnut street and then ask for planning permission, and make the pitch move in a bit more on the stand opposite the kop.

but theres no point disscusiing now, cos filbert streets gone. and we must make the atmosphere at the walkers.

I would rather just stay at Filbo, then we would have a stadium filed will the majority true fans, not like the sing when you're winning bunch that came down Walkers last season.

Atmophere was much better.

Guest Daniel

Tell me about it mate, i know people who were season ticket holders last seson, a whole family and they didnt re new it this season because 'the footballs shit'

Prats like this are better to stay away all together.

Tell me about it mate, i know people who were season ticket holders last seson, a whole family and they didnt re new it this season because 'the footballs shit'

Prats like this are better to stay away all together.

11558[/snapback]

Well said mate, I'm not saying I'm the perfect fan but I'l buy me ST no matter what division we are in, and will allways sing me heart out and offer the team every bit of support I can give and that's what its all about.

Guest Daniel

Definatly, if you can only be there when the sides performing and playing decent opostion, you need to ask yourself, 'why dont i support man utd' because you certainly aint needed at this football club, im sure the clubs got enough die hard supporters to get through without these sad bunch.

Thing is obviously I'd have loved to stay at Filbo, but you know how we are still in massive financial trouble even now - imagine if we'd stayed at Filbo and had been averaging gates of about 15,000 for the last 3 years, rather than 27,000. We'd be fooked!

Archived