AjcW Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Well im not exactly going to watch some proper football but im off to stadium MK on Saturday to solve the crisis that is international week. I can usually tolerate international week but now I find out I wont even be able to watch a mediocre England performance under the influence of a shit load of alcohol in a crowded loaded dog. So anyone else venturing into the lower leagues this weekend??
Guest Bilo Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 MK Dons sounds about as tempting as getting pulled off by Edward Scissorhands, but Rotherham v Hereford at Don Valley is only an hour away on the train. Haven't ruled that out.
AjcW Posted 5 October 2009 Author Posted 5 October 2009 MK Dons sounds about as tempting as getting pulled off by Edward Scissorhands, but Rotherham v Hereford at Don Valley is only an hour away on the train. Haven't ruled that out. I havent got my tickets yet it just seemed like the closest, what else do you reckon is worth a shot.
Part Of The Crowd Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 MK V Walsall is where it's at. It is Jabo Ibehre's first game against his old club. That and the standard of football will be better than expected. (Unless we turn in a shitty performance like against Brighton and Oldham)
Shrenchel Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Aaaaah the magic of the lower leagues eh, proper football. Sitting in some padded seat in a bowl on the edge of Milton Keynes, surrounded by cvnts very occasionally muttering a verse of MK army. Don't forget your bovril.
AjcW Posted 5 October 2009 Author Posted 5 October 2009 Aaaaah the magic of the lower leagues eh, proper football. Sitting in some padded seat in a bowl on the edge of Milton Keynes, surrounded by cvnts very occasionally muttering a verse of MK army. Don't forget your bovril. I realise my attendance this weekend has no relation to the title of this thread. I was asking were everyone else is going. But you are hilarious as always.
Tommeh Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 1. Don't give them tossers your money. 2. Try not to ruin the Loaded Dogs reputation. Thanks.
AjcW Posted 5 October 2009 Author Posted 5 October 2009 1. Don't give them tossers your money.2. Try not to ruin the Loaded Dogs reputation. Thanks. How am I ruining the dogs reputation, I said it was great.
Guest Bilo Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 I havent got my tickets yet it just seemed like the closest, what else do you reckon is worth a shot. To be honest, the ones I'd usually want to watch are either playing away (Burton, Lincoln, AFC Wimbledon) or playing on the Sunday (Notts County), which I can't do as I'm going to watch the Tigers with my girlfriend, so Rotherham seemed easiest. An hour on the train to Sheffield with a nice easy trip to the ground on the tram, and cheap tickets when you get there. Bear in mind though that it's an athletics ground with only one side open, so is likely to be pretty flat in terms of atmosphere. If you don't mind a bit of Conference football, Tamworth v Histon might be worth a look.
Part Of The Crowd Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Aaaaah the magic of the lower leagues eh, proper football. Sitting in some padded seat in a bowl on the edge of Milton Keynes, surrounded by cvnts very occasionally muttering a verse of MK army. Don't forget your bovril. OI! We prefer the term suburbs to edge.
Guest Bilo Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Aaaaah the magic of the lower leagues eh, proper football. Sitting in some padded seat in a bowl on the edge of Milton Keynes, surrounded by cvnts very occasionally muttering a verse of MK army. Don't forget your bovril. Bearing in mind that our game against them was probably the biggest in their league history at the time, the atmosphere was unimaginably shit. Cheap tickets or not, I'd be very reluctant to bother again however nice and comfy the seats are.
AjcW Posted 5 October 2009 Author Posted 5 October 2009 Narrowed it down to these three: MK Dons v Walsall Ground Grimsby Town v Burton Rotherham v Hereford
davieG Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Well im not exactly going to watch some proper football but im off to stadium MK on Saturday to solve the crisis that is international week. I can usually tolerate international week but now I find out I wont even be able to watch a mediocre England performance under the influence of a shit load of alcohol in a crowded loaded dog. So anyone else venturing into the lower leagues this weekend?? You could always watch the Academy V Spurs down Belvoir Drive @ 11:00pm Oh and who said you could nick my picture of Waggy?
Guest Bilo Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Narrowed it down to these three:MK Dons v Walsall Ground Grimsby Town v Burton Rotherham v Hereford Not sure how easily you can get there as I haven't gone from Leicester in years, but if you can get to Blundell Park that might be your best option. Stadium:MK will be half empty and devoid of atmosphere, Don Valley will be a bit better but hardly jumping whereas Grimsby's place is a nice, traditional lower league ground where you can sample some of the local cuisine. Just a bit more difficult to get to though.
Part Of The Crowd Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Bearing in mind that our game against them was probably the biggest in their league history at the time, the atmosphere was unimaginably shit. Cheap tickets or not, I'd be very reluctant to bother again however nice and comfy the seats are. All the plastics who went along because it was a big game made it the worst atmosphere of the season. It was worse than when we lost 1 - 0 to Bournemouth in the JPT first round in front of a tiny crowd.
Shrenchel Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Go to Oxford. Nice city. Atmosphere is sposed to be really good. All their fans I've met have been complete nutters.
lavrentis Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Go to Grimsby, the stadiums a right shithole but that's how it should be. MK Dons get too far too much attention for their poxy little club, don't bother waste your money there.
Part Of The Crowd Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Get to Cambridge, I've always wanted to go to a Cambridge match, I'll have to do that one day.
Guest Bilo Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Go to Oxford. Nice city. Atmosphere is sposed to be really good. All their fans I've met have been complete nutters. Good shout. Cambridge is a piece of cake to get to as well and their fans are usually good value. Ebbsfleet at home tomorrow for them.
Heart-Shaped Fox Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Won't be going anywhere unfortunately but saw Mk vs Huddersfield during the last break. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely go again. Would reccomend that you get there early if you are afer tickets on the day as it is a poor ticket office and so slow.
AjcW Posted 5 October 2009 Author Posted 5 October 2009 Notts County? Nice and local Sunday. Going to france for the day on sunday.
Fox You Forest Posted 5 October 2009 Posted 5 October 2009 Coalville Town v Tipton Town is where it's at, second against fifth. Pay to watch England on the net. :laugh:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.