Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benji

'in studio' bands

what bands do you like to listen to thats not been 'fixed' by technology to sound in tune

i really like dashboard confessionals when they sing in a studio or something as they sing with real passion and they have voices fit to be unmodified

just listened to the bravery in the same format as well on winamp, (if u've got it just go on winamp video search the bravery and play the honest mistake [in studio]) and it sounds pretty good to be fair although it goes to show how modern technology has a huge influence on music...

i agree, music has come a long way and easily for the better i can't stand the music my dad listens to. But there are the odd band who's untoned natural voice sounds really good such as DC and brighteyes as mr chainsaw says.

Jamie cullum and damien rice are two others although thats their style of music so it's expected, still a good listen mind

Bright Eyes

110278[/snapback]

Got the album* last week and I'm really enjoying it - It's a breath of fresh air. Makes me want to dig up my Johnny Cash albums too.

*EDIT - I got "I'm Wide Awake...", but has anyone heard "Digital Urn..."? Not purchased yet and would be interested in an opinion.

get digital ash, its fantastic. the boy Oberst can do very little wrong

then go and buy Lifted or the story is in the soil keep your ear to the ground

then get fevers and mirrors

by then it should be christmas so you may aswell purchase the festive cd he did a while back

older stuff has its moments too

oh and then just trawl through his record label, saddle creek, as everyone on there is shit hot too

www.saddle-creek.com

finally check out this video of connor doing a bside called 'when the president talks to god' from Leno. Its amazing. cheers

http://www.prefixmag.com/Bright_Eyes_(Leno....05)_(high).php

• 3 weeks later...

And if you like 'Digital Ash' you definitely need to check out the Good Life's 'Black Out'.

'Every Day and Every Night' is probably my favorite thing Conor's done. Desaparecidos is slightly more accessible than anything he's done with Bright Eyes. 'Fevers and Mirrors' is my favorite full-length. But a close second is 'Letting off the Happiness'. And I sometimes think I'm the only person in the world who prefers 'Digital Ash' to 'Wide Awake'.

And if you like 'Digital Ash' you definitely need to check out the Good Life's 'Black Out'. 

'Every Day and Every Night' is probably my favorite thing Conor's done.  Desaparecidos is slightly more accessible than anything he's done with Bright Eyes.  'Fevers and Mirrors' is my favorite full-length.  But a close second is 'Letting off the Happiness'.  And I sometimes think I'm the only person in the world who prefers 'Digital Ash' to 'Wide Awake'.

118997[/snapback]

i own the goodlife's album of the year lp..its great..not heard of black out...letting off the happines is nowhere near as good as fevers or lifted..and i find digital is just as good as im wide awake..

Archived