Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chairman of the Bored

Gaslight Anthem

Out today. Awesome. I have tix to see them next week in Brum. Can't wait.

Also going to Brum. This is the setlist from a gig they did yesterday

‘American Slang’

‘Old White Lincoln’

‘Stay Lucky’

‘Bring It On’

‘59 Sound’

‘Diamond Church Street Choir’

‘Queen of Lower Chelsea’

‘Orphans’

‘Boxer’

‘Old Haunts’

‘Spirit of Jazz’

‘We Came to Dance’

‘Great Expectations’

‘Blue Jeans and White T Shirts’

‘The Navesink Banks’

‘Drive’

‘Wooderson’

‘Even Cowgirls Get the Blues’

‘Miles Davis and the Cool’

‘Senor and the Queen’

‘Here's Looking At You, Kid’

‘Backseat’

If that is the setlist in Brum it will be one of the best gigs i've been to, cant wait.

• 3 weeks later...

So did anyone go to the Brum gig?

Immense. Absolutely loved it, few songs they missed out that I would have liked to hear, but the new stuff sounds fantastic live.

Good, but not great. I thought the sound was pretty poor. It's the first time I'd been to the new Academy One in Brum (the old one was great) and I thought it sounded a bit "sludgy" (technical term). Hopefully the sound will be better at Rock City, always a good venue. Loving the new CD though.

Did Twin Atlantic support?

Yeah, not bad but very up themselves. Got pretty arsey because no one seemed to care about them. I thought the local band Sharks who played first were a lot better, kind of like Gallows mixed with Gaslight.

Yeah, not bad but very up themselves. Got pretty arsey because no one seemed to care about them. I thought the local band Sharks who played first were a lot better, kind of like Gallows mixed with Gaslight.

Daaaamn. Vivarium is such a good album. They're doing alright for themselves recently, supported Gaslight last month obviously but also doing Blink 182's Scottish dates as well. Think they'd be pretty good live at their own gig when everybody knows who they are, shame they sound a bit bellend-ish.

Don't get me wrong they were a good live band, some great songs. Don't think they appreciated the Biffy chants people started during their set tho ha, maybe why they got so mardy.

lol

"Hey you're Scottish?"

"BIFFY, BIFFY, BIFFY, BIFFY!"

I just can't stop listening to them at the minute, after getting my tickets!!

some of the acoustic songs on youtube are just stunning!

I love the way the in this video he's just doing some interview in a van but put his entire heart and soul into the song. Brian Fallon seriously is one talented songwriter!!

Archived